Running ruff boy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Glad it's running. You may have it way over full, or it's overheating and foaming up. Does it look foamy? Could also have a clog or a stuck valve in it too, but that is rare. First check the fluid level. If it's not to high. Try taking it for a drive and see how it acts. Run it through all the gears, starting in manual low, 2nd D etc.
Are you familiar with out to properly check auto trans fluid? Trans fluid at operating temp, motor running at idle, trans in Park, then check it like you do motor oil and read the stick. If you checked it with the motor off or cold, that will not be accurate.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Welcome to the site. When does the tranny pluke the fluid out the dipstick? Does this happen when you turn the engine off?

MR.BLACKC10

Reaction score
First Name
GABE
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My bad luck

Its only done it about 5 times that i know and it did do it when i first started it i checked it while it was cold today the fluid was half way up the dipstick i sucked some out until it was @ halfway to hot and i started it then waited 20 mins checked it and it was barely any fluid @ the tip of dipstick im not sure wether its the right dipstick and the converter is making noise on idle it gets higher when i accelerate and (in park) and it sounds like something whirring and spinning like almost a broken bearing sound coming from converter

clkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
2500HD
Engine Size
6.6L
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Latest posts