Running boards clean up and installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey @SirRobyn0 i found one of those front pieces at work in great shape but forgot to gat a pic, i will tomorrow
No big deal at all. Like I said previously I'm not in any rush at all, and it's really only the drivers side, BC it has a crack at one of the bolt holes.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hey @SirRobyn0 heres the one i found. Only 1 and probly the wrong end lol
You must be registered for see images attach

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey @SirRobyn0 heres the one i found. Only 1 and probly the wrong end lol
Looks to me like a drivers side. Yes, I'd be interested in it. No hurry at all. The one I have right now is holding up fine. I'll send you a PM and you can let me know what you'd want for it.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Looks to me like a drivers side. Yes, I'd be interested in it. No hurry at all. The one I have right now is holding up fine. I'll send you a PM and you can let me know what you'd want for it.
To me it looks like drivers front. Ill take pics of my running boards tomorrow also, pretty sure mine have no back panel on them.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hey rob @SirRobyn0 heres better pics of my boards just for reference. Just took these.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Ted @78C10BigTen I like how the rear section of your boards has a long brace that runs back to the frame. If you wanna hang on to the piece you found for yourself I'll totally understand. That's definitely a drivers side piece.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Ted @78C10BigTen I like how the rear section of your boards has a long brace that runs back to the frame. If you wanna hang on to the piece you found for yourself I'll totally understand. That's definitely a drivers side piece.
Nah i dont need it. The running boards were gunna be the first thing to go when i bought the truck but after so many engine n trans changes i grew to like them them for certain reasons. When my body work gets done they might actually need to come off. Then i dont know if ill put them back on....

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Nah i dont need it. The running boards were gunna be the first thing to go when i bought the truck but after so many engine n trans changes i grew to like them them for certain reasons. When my body work gets done they might actually need to come off. Then i dont know if ill put them back on....
"certain reasons"
Well if you don't like them for getting in and out of the truck then I'd guess tool and beverage holder.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Maybe if you made it kinda this shape, out of some flat stock, it might look the part like a factory peice and be even stronger.
Bonus points for a scrap piece of aluminum plate or Diamond plate to make them out of!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
mounting to the body and the frame can be tricky and i suspect therocker has been yanked back and forth by that relationship

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128