Running boards clean up and installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
@SirRobyn0 since I can’t figure out how to get a picture attached to a post in a DM, here’s a pic of the steps you sent me installed on the truck! Thanks again!

You must be registered for see images attach

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@SirRobyn0 since I can’t figure out how to get a picture attached to a post in a DM, here’s a pic of the steps you sent me installed on the truck! Thanks again!

Lookin' good. Glad they worked out for you and they are being used not sitting on my shelf for someday that never comes.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
I'm getting a set of boards for my truck to help my wife get in and out, and they are from a dually. I'm only going to use the front part for the cab, but would like to see pics of the mounting brackets up close, out of and installed on anyones truck please? I think the guy said the boards I'm getting have the brackets but he's not positive. My truck is an 84 Sierra 2500, long bed, with drivers side tank only.
Thanks

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I'm getting a set of boards for my truck to help my wife get in and out, and they are from a dually. I'm only going to use the front part for the cab, but would like to see pics of the mounting brackets up close, out of and installed on anyones truck please? I think the guy said the boards I'm getting have the brackets but he's not positive. My truck is an 84 Sierra 2500, long bed, with drivers side tank only.
Thanks
Depending on the manufacture of the running boards the bracketry can vary some. If you look at post #1 in this thread it shows my running boards with all the brackets on it. If you want I can take pictures of my boards and brackets installed on the truck and post them if that would be of help to you.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hey @SirRobyn0 i still have the ends in my tool box, i forgot i was supposed to send them too you!! Ive got so many random parts, that i see them and think that i grabbed them for me. I gotta get thrm to you!!!!!

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hey @SirRobyn0 i still have the ends in my tool box, i forgot i was supposed to send them too you!! Ive got so many random parts, that i see them and think that i grabbed them for me. I gotta get thrm to you!!!!!
I forgot about it to! the existing end units have been holding up just fine, with the large washer on the D/S. So still not in any hurry.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Depending on the manufacture of the running boards the bracketry can vary some. If you look at post #1 in this thread it shows my running boards with all the brackets on it. If you want I can take pictures of my boards and brackets installed on the truck and post them if that would be of help to you.
If you could that would be great, but no hurry. I won't get the boards until June anyways. I appreciate it

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@84GMCSierra Ok so we are going to start with talk about the front and the pinch weld attachment because that seems pretty universal across all boards, the center and back tend to vary a little so I'll talk about that when we get there.

Front is simple a plate that bolts to the fender, and then to the board.

My boards use 5 bolts through the pinch weld. I drilled and bolted the pinch weld, then did the front plate center support then rear, leveling the board as I went.

Center support, below: Mine bolted to the existing holes on the boards and then to the rail on the cab floor. I have seen some where the center support goes to the frame.

I'll do the rear in my next post as I had issues with it.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Rear support.

One issue with the rear support is that the gas tank is in the way. I have seen somewhere the rear support is a lot like the middle, but drops down to go around the tank and then back up to the frame. Mine just had a L-bracket to the body. Picture below is blurry but I think you can still get the idea.

That was fine for getting in and out of the truck doors, but if I wanted to use the back part of the board to step on to get something out of the front part of the bed it flexed a LOT under my 250lbs. One day I noticed I was starting to actually bend the drivers side down a little so I added these.

My truck has a dump kit on the bed so getting in there to bolt the added support in was easy for me. With that added they are now super strong and stable.

Just remember not all manufactures did things the same way so yours might be a bit different.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Those used to be on my old POS.

Dont have the boards or the truck anymore, haha.
But just to show they go on 70s or 80s squares, just fine.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Those used to be on my old POS.

Dont have the boards or the truck anymore, haha.
But just to show they go on 70s or 80s squares, just fine.
And I really like them. I cannot thank you enough for selling them to me. The only thing I don't like about them is it reduces belly clearance when I have to lay under the truck!

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
And I really like them. I cannot thank you enough for selling them to me. The only thing I don't like about them is it reduces belly clearance when I have to lay under the truck!
Haha, thats funny.

Glad you liked them. Your welcome, and i was happy to sell them to you.
They look and work way better on yours than mine.

84GMCSierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
Those pics are perfect. Thanks for posting them. As you mentioned about the gas tank, that's what I'll deal with when I get to that part

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8