Running boards and fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dale A

Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Truck Year
Truck Model
R 3500
Engine Size
Anyone out there know where or who is selling the molded running boards that turn up and into wheel flare moldings both front and rear wheels? They were generally made of plastic or fiberglass. They had a recess at each door (like for burbs) for the step. Standard PU’s had a step in front of the rear wheels for access to the stuff in the bed behind the cab.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I may be wrong here but I believe the molded running boards were from special edition vehicles. Campers, conversion specials, choo choo customs, etc. They were fiberglass and are almost unobtainium by now since they were low production and most are probably cracked up by now. Not trying to rain on your parade but if you want side steps you will have better luck finding the aluminum ones.

I would say your best bet without having to mortgage the house is in a southwest junk yard. Maybe look for a full vehicle someone is selling cheap, rip off the steps and kick the vehicle down the road?

Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevbak88