Rocker Panel Repair/Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Damn dude, your'e diesel.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm good at drywall mudding and bedding, just slow and neat about it. So I don't do it for a living, but I sure do my own. Whenever I move or buy a new house, first thing I do is gut the garage. Take all drywall off. Run power outltes, every 4 feet at workbench height, an outlet up high where a TV Shelf is built, Cable is brought in, phone jacks brought in, 220 outlets for compressor and welder installed, insulate with R13, then rehang drywall, tape, bed and texture. Hang Flourescent lighting at all 4 corners of the garage, shoot cellulose insualtion 12 inches deep in the attic, then purchase insulated garge doors at a later date. The good kind, double walled filled with foam like a referigerator door, not styrafoam with vinyl backing. Then usually add a vent or 2 from the CH&A depending on how big the unit is for the house with duct diverters if needed. Haven't insualted the door here at this house, and haven't added the heat and air vents yet either.

If you're good with drywall mudding you'd be good at body work too :waytogo:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
When I say I did commercial drywall before, I didn't tape, mud and finish. I was the guy who did the metal stud framing and hanging it. Then the finishers came in behind me. But, I seen enough of the finishers doing it, I know how to do. Just never did it to where I had to be fast at it, and I don't like a big mess to clean up, so I am slow at it. I have done a little body work too, but also very slow. I am not one to do many tedious things. I like to rock and roll and see progress quickly for me efforts, so body work and drywall finishing are not think I like to do. I can sure paint though. That doesn't bother me a bit. I get to see instant gratification, so that I can just fine and agian, not very fast, but I do it right.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
It's actually better if you're slow at body work. I'm a naturally impatient person and found that if I didn't slow myself down and take my time I'd have to go back and redo things anyway so I might as well take my time.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thats kinda what I am saying about myself. To aggresive and high strung, so I don't like doing that kinda work. I will do it though. I look forward to get my mind made up on my projects, getting them consolidated into trucks, then get to start making one of them nice looking.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
i'm a naturally impatient person and found that if i didn't slow myself down and take my time i'd have to go back and redo things anyway so i might as well take my time.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Thats kinda what I am saying about myself. To aggresive and high strung, so I don't like doing that kinda work. I will do it though. I look forward to get my mind made up on my projects, getting them consolidated into trucks, then get to start making one of them nice looking.

:waytogo: You'll probably end up finding it relaxing once you get into it and according to you as obsessed (not sure you've used that exact word :shrug:) as you get when you get focused on something the body work will probably turn out pretty awesome cuz you'll pay close attention to the detail and making sure everything is perfect before spraying any paint on it....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:waytogo: You'll probably end up finding it relaxing once you get into it and according to you as obsessed (not sure you've used that exact word :shrug:) as you get when you get focused on something the body work will probably turn out pretty awesome cuz you'll pay close attention to the detail and making sure everything is perfect before spraying any paint on it....

You are probably right. I've been told many times I am a perfectionist, which is likely true, and also why I tend to avoid body work. If I can't get it perfect or done right, it woudl just frustrate the hell outta me. I am about that way with just about everything I do. I do it right, or don't bother. And if someone wants me to do a job for them and they want cheap, then I tell them I'm not your guy. If its gonna have my name on it, I am not skimping. Who knows, if I ever did get into the body work and settled down and got to enjoy it, I just might be dangerous with bondo, a sawzall and a tack welder. :roflbow:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike