Rhino Spray in Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Anyone have experience putting this down on the floor pans?

A body guy i was quizzing mentioned a lot of folks are going to that on their older trucks

also what about underneath the entire truck?

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I plan on doing mine when I get to that point. Floor on the inside, underside of the cab, the tire side of the inner fender wells up front an the whole bottom of the bed. I won't do the inside of the bed because I plan on a wood floor somehow...

8T6K5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
L98 350 TPI
You can also roll it on or brush it on. A roller will give a rougher texture, brush will be smoother. I did just about half my truck with the Rustoleum version....

see link below......

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
Can you run the stuff through a Graco Airless Sprayer i just picked up at Lowes, after the little wagner croaked?

Scorpion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Anyone have experience putting this down on the floor pans?

I sprayed a DIY product called Gator Guard in my Jeep some years ago and it's like tar with sand in it. It lasted and wore well and coated nicely but it's some toxic stuff to breathe if you decide to DIY. The only downside I can remember is mine was black and would get wicked hot and retain the heat like asphalt. Other than that, I liked it because it looked nice and I could spray it out when it was needed.

...also what about underneath the entire truck?

You can buy an undercoating that's fairly thick which you can spray the entire underside with. Dealerships can do it for ya but its expensive. Better bet is to get the gun and do it yourself.

Can you run the stuff through a Graco Airless Sprayer i just picked up at Lowes, after the little wagner croaked?

Probably not. The stuffs very thick. They make specific guns for it. I think Eastwood sells something and the gun for it.

Last edited:

superbee70

Reaction score
First Name
tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Used herculiner on my jeep. Came out very nice and cheap. I rolled it on but many guys spray.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
look at monstaliner its a diy roll on bed liner

I sprayed it on my crew cab under the cab on the firewall and inside on the floor and up the firewall and back of the cab

it looks a lot like rhinoliner

I have more pics and how I done it in my build thread there is a link at the bottom of my posts to it

Attachments

• b%20bird2.jpg
    b%20bird2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 81
  • cc engine.jpg
    cc engine.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 0525121422.jpg
    0525121422.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 83
  • cctranny.jpg
    cctranny.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 102
  • b%20bird4.jpg
    b%20bird4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

cedens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cliff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
305 4bbl
I was sold on the idea when on a Discovery Channel show called Crash lab they put a bomb in a truck bed lined with it... the bed survived mostly. Then they Sprayed it on a cinder block wall, it did survive a blast.

Mostly i just want to avoid rust.... and of course DOD (Dear ol Dad) chimes in that the dealer offered him the undercoating!

If i was going really crazy offroad demon i'd almost spray it up the bottom half of the exterior! Which i have seen done nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowdy_80