Removing truck beds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
it don't matter you can do it, remember my pics of the motor swap between the MC and the 84 c10, same thing, pull the motor, push the truck back, pull motor push car back, sit motor down etc. I had to set the motor in a wheel barrow and then roll it in place, pick it set it, lift it, push vehicle under the motor and drop em in.

It works man, poor boys got poor ways, you know, you gotta do what ya gotta do. I don't have any 'crete to work off of or anything, gotta get by howeer ya can if you can't afford a big slab poured or something.

If you had enough wood, lumber/boards or plywood you can build a deck to roll the picker on, I built one, just wasn't long enough, plus it let the picker legs hit the lower control arms, so it wouldn't go in deep enough.

I could try to see if i have long 2x6's.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that's what I used, it's just if you got enough to make it long enough to roll it away from the truck or not. Some 5/8 or so plywood works on the ground if it's firm, now if it's muddy or something might break the wood.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
18mm is the right socket for removing the bed. Theres 8 bolts to remove. The 2 worst ones are above where leaf spring bracket is. My impact is to big and maybe my air ratchet will do it.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
use an extension on your impact, air ratchet aint gonna cut it.

what year you working on?

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
use an extension on your impact, air ratchet aint gonna cut it.

what year you working on?

88 C1500. No room for extension either. There's 3-4inches of space to remove the bolt where the leaf spring bracket is.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
18mm is the right socket for removing the bed. Theres 8 bolts to remove. The 2 worst ones are above where leaf spring bracket is. My impact is to big and maybe my air ratchet will do it.

Lets keep in mind, this is for a GMT400 model, not a Squarebody everybody.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
unless it's a long bed and for some reason they are different, YES you can use an extension. I pulled my 88 k1500 bed back in sept, used an extension on them, never a problem, there's a hole in the bottom of the frame for it to go straight up thru and get on the bolt.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
unless it's a long bed and for some reason they are different, YES you can use an extension. I pulled my 88 k1500 bed back in sept, used an extension on them, never a problem, there's a hole in the bottom of the frame for it to go straight up thru and get on the bolt.

There's no hole up front by the leaf spring bracket thats made on frame and its a long bed.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
my short bed had a hole, guess long bed is different. gonna have to be swivel then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nastylsz