Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's really quite unfortunate. I learned about those carbs from a guy in the area that rebuilt 1-2 a day for decades. They had to run well and also pass an emissions test. There will always be the odd one that has issues and can't be fixed but most can. There are some inherent problem areas you just need to know what they are.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
Yeah, I agree with you, I was referring to his "buy a Holley" comment! I know the brass floats tend to be a bit heavier, but they will not saturate like the fiber one's tend to. I'm not going to argue with you, sounds like you've done far more rebuilds than me! I'm just shade-tree mechanic, do my own things.

The old goat who always replies “get a Holley!” does that because he is bored out of his skull.

My oldest stepdaughter worked at McDonald’s when she was in high school, she said all the old farts would gather when the store opened, buy a cup of coffee, then ask for refills until around 11 (I’m guessing that’s when Matlock goes on?) and go home. I have suggested this activity as a more productive hobby.

I give my usual comment: GM used the Q-Jet on MILLIONS of cars and trucks over the almost 50 year production run. People did just fine with them, they worked great. It’s the people too lazy, too cheap, too stubborn, or too stupid to build them right that complain.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969