rebuilding stock a/c

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onetonfanatic

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Anybody have schematics that may work for wiring an a/c compressor my 1988 r30 3+3 has factory a/c but engine was changed by previous owner and nothing a/c related was put on new engine so I don't know what plug looks like for the a/c compressor I may have to rewire the plug once I find it if different from compressor I took off donor truck 87 k10 that had factory a/c as well I took quite a few parts off to make my truck work again any pointers or tips is appreciated thanks

72chevy2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Classic suburban
Engine Size
A/c compressor plug on my suburban was black and green wires. It only had two wires the black was a ground and had a ring terminal on the end and the green wire lead into a wire harness that I assumed went to the control panel. That's about all I could help you with, sorry. I wish I could get mine working again just too damn expensive lol

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
A/C wiring diagram for 1988 R series trucks:

You must be registered for see images attach

The power/ground connector to the compressor clutch is usually very flat (and kind of wide). This is only because it has to slip into the small gap between the clutch and front face of the compressor housing.

As 72Chev says - the power to the clutch is dark green and the lead to ground is black (and real short).

nothing a/c related was put on new engine

Other than the bracket that secures the compressor to the block (and the drive belt), the A/C system really does not interface with the engine.

Oh yeah, on some models, the ECM may get a signal that the compressor clutch has been pulled in. It also is constantly receiving info on engine speed from the distributor.

So, if it knows the compressor load is applied to the engine, and the engine speed is dropping, it activates an Idle Up control valve. But thats it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner