Rear Window Sliding Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
unfortunately not allowed to do that everywhere. I'm pretty sure the cops would shoot you and sodomize you with a night stick in NH if they found out youeven had a dream about doing that. I don't get it. Factory tint is fine, but if your car/truck didn't come with it then you can't put it on there. I think you can have a slight tint on the rear window to reduce glare if you want, but none of the side windows can be tinted unless they came that way, even the quarter glass. Now, I'm a fan of lying personally (especially to law enforcement) so I still plan to do the back/side windows of my 'burb and just say it came that way (who's gonna know different) but I don't feel like risking a DUI over having ANY tint on the front seat windows...
You know, I sometimes forget. Usta get hassled about tint in IL where I grew up. East coast thing.
Since moving out west, haven’t given it a thought in 25 years….but I get it.
I probably check my taillights and brake lights more than 99.5% of people.
Cheap insurance!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And if I have one tail light out, I replace both! They come in packs of 2 for a reason!
And keep a spare bulb in the ATF compartment just in case! (Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms…lol)

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
I like the idea, maybe tint the shell windows.
And don’t forget to check the license plate light.
No one enjoys getting pulled over

Last edited:

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Old thread revival......was wondering if any you guys did buy a new slider. The CR Lawrence are showing only a 3 window available now. Brothers (Holly) says 4 window in the description as well as the install video, but shows a 3 window. I'd rather have the 4 window.

Something else I dont need for awhile but need to order as so much is out of stock with no ETA.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Watching this thread. I have a beat up 4 window . But I think I want 3 window. Saw the discrepancy on Brothers/Holley site.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
4 window will be more complex in how it seals b ut likely opens wider than 3

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The 4 window CR Lawrence is PN TSW850S. Most everyone who carries it says it is out of stock with no ETA. Those who still have it in stock are wanting $150-200 more than anyone else. Sounds ominous.

So I emailed CRL direct and they responded that it is not discontinued and an ETA in their warehouse of 02/17/23. So at the very least I'll wait another couple weeks to make sure.

USA1 of course stocks nothing, but claims a 2 week ETA. Theirs is a kit that includes the seal. Kind of wondering who makes CRL's - might get it without the logo cheaper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400