Rear Window Sliding Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WebMonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
removable storm window frames.

just clean the broken glass out.
cut a length of frame to fit.
black window sealant to set.

all done.

you could get a replacement latch from lmc truck and attach it to your home made frame bits as well.

good luck

:)

atvjoey

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC r15
Engine Size
The slider works fine and the rear window seal is basically brand new and doesn't leak that's why I'm trying to refrain from buying a new unit but it seems this piece is made from unobtanium. It seems a lot of people are in my predicament I'm shocked nobody makes a replacement.

atvjoey

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC r15
Engine Size
removable storm window frames.

just clean the broken glass out.
cut a length of frame to fit.
black window sealant to set.

all done.

you could get a replacement latch from lmc truck and attach it to your home made frame bits as well.

good luck

:)
Interesting fix. Do you have any pictures or know of anybody who's done it that. Might have a quick writeup? Thanks for the idea it seems like it might just work

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
oh yeah I forgto about that

You must be registered for see images attach
Hi, Aurora Girl! Where did we leave this? Last i remember you asked how to get the passenger glass out. I said there are 2 Phillips screws that hold the frame on the left side of the glass, one at the top and one at the bottom. Remove those and the frame will cone out and you'll be able to slide the passenger glass out. PM me and I'll send you what you want for it and shipping.

Raybo135

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the seals for the sliders. When I wash the truck at a brushless, water comes flowing in. The felt/rubber is all dry rotted.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Does anyone know if there is a replacement for the seals for the sliders. When I wash the truck at a brushless, water comes flowing in. The felt/rubber is all dry rotted.
you would have to find the same materials in bulk or universal packaging and cut to size and that requires IDing the types of weather seals. Steele rubber would be a good website to try and ID it piece per piece. no kits i know of

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
And a lot of sliders have the same technology.. may have something somewhere and it not be so obvious. Any manufacture indicators on the glass in the corners or part numbers etc anything
what color is the frame
is it a dual pane slider or a single pane
is it tinted
SHOw USSSSS

Show usss
Now what? Lol

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Hi, Aurora Girl! Where did we leave this? Last i remember you asked how to get the passenger glass out. I said there are 2 Phillips screws that hold the frame on the left side of the glass, one at the top and one at the bottom. Remove those and the frame will cone out and you'll be able to slide the passenger glass out. PM me and I'll send you what you want for it and shipping.
does a locking strip gasket change this

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
Hi everyone
Restoring my ‘84 Stepside. Factory rear slider, gasket not available. Called LMC and was told that their slider with their gasket would not fit because the truck came with a factory slider. Help

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I say just fabricate some, or have some fabricated. Make a couple of pieces of "U" channel that fits over the glass and glue them on, with the latch installed.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hi everyone
Restoring my ‘84 Stepside. Factory rear slider, gasket not available. Called LMC and was told that their slider with their gasket would not fit because the truck came with a factory slider. Help
I'm sorry are you looking for the gasket that goes around the glass and holds it the assembly in the cab? Or are you talking about the actual slider? And yes I agree fabricating or have them fabricated.

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
From what I understand from looking here on the forum that the gasket for the factory slider is unavailable. So…… I’ve been buying a lot of parts from LMC so…..I called presuming that the aftermarket gasket they sell would fit the aftermarket slider they sell. They told me no, would not fit a truck that came with a factory slider. Can that be? The cab couldn’t be different, right?

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
From what I understand from looking here on the forum that the gasket for the factory slider is unavailable. So…… I’ve been buying a lot of parts from LMC so…..I called presuming that the aftermarket gasket they sell would fit the aftermarket slider they sell. They told me no, would not fit a truck that came with a factory slider. Can that be? The cab couldn’t be different, right?
I don't think the cabs are different, but I do not have one to compare as my truck has an aftermarket unit. If no one comes along with that information over the weekend, tag me and remind me and I will call my glass guy on Monday and ask for you, he's pretty knowledgeable in square's and glass.

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
Hello
Does one brand stand out better than others as far as a sliding window, I’ve noticed that clear doesn’t seem to be available

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL