rear right sits lower then left??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
Replace your frame rivets with 3/8 x 1 1/4 grade 8 as said. I personally use locknuts. I usually buy in bulk at Tractor Supply. Cheapest way I've found to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The oil is an interesting part of this. I used to get this all the time from a long standing oil, power steering or other leak. If a spring is left soaked in oil for some time it will loose its temper and be weak. No need on trying to arch or fix it it's junk.

Interesting, never heard of that before. Too bad I've been letting a leaking steering box puke all over my Burb's LF suspension for years. I figured it wasn't a big deal as long as the bushings are still holding up, guess I was wrong! Well that's something else to fix now.

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
It happens. Lol

Jarrett Melvin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jarrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Gunna reopen an old thread here, but I've run into the same problem but on the rear driver side.

I just installed a new 4 inch rough country lift in my one ton C&C flat bad with new lift springs, shocks, hangers and shackles and bushings to.

When the truck was stock it sat perfectly level across the back of the bed. Since I installed the lift the left rear is squat. 2 inch difference from top of each tire to the bed.

The axle looks level to the ground. Both tires are same size and inflated. Shackles and hangers are even to the frame. Both springs were new and both installed the same way.

Only think that changed is one shock mount is bent up shorter on the squat side compared to the other side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikejeden