Rear bumper ideas. Build to come asap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Ill learn more from building it than buying one. Sometimes its about the skills learned. Just learned to weld a few months ago so this will be a good build for me. Cant want to start.

I have the same mentality. Even if I have to buy tools that cause things to be the same price as buying/taking my junk to someone I almost always choose new tools and learning [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
take cardboard and start taping it together till you get a shape and structure you like. this is just a random image but trust me using cardboard to make it up is way cheaper than messing up with steel. the best part is you can then use the cardboard as a stencil to trace the steel when you cut it. let me rephrase this still use steel for the bumper but design it with cardboard then copy the design with steel and boom bumper

You must be registered for see images attach

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I've mentioned here before that over built bumpers + collision = bent frames...
But we were talking about front bumpers in that thread...
An over built rear bumper still runs the risk of a bent frame but less so than up front.

I have built bumpers with end caps welded up and used as an air tank. Unfortunately it's not much air volume. Fine for ARB lockers
and a short toot on the train horns but that's about it. It's not enough volume for airing up tires.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
take cardboard and start taping it together till you get a shape and structure you like. this is just a random image but trust me using cardboard to make it up is way cheaper than messing up with steel. the best part is you can then use the cardboard as a stencil to trace the steel when you cut it. let me rephrase this still use steel for the bumper but design it with cardboard then copy the design with steel and boom bumper

You must be registered for see images attach
Nice design you have going there.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nice design you have going there.

....take cardboard and start taping it together till you get a shape and structure you like. this is just a random image but trust me using cardboard to make it up is way cheaper than messing up with steel......

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
All depends if you have a receiver hitch bolted to the frame.
There isnt right now. I have one of those cheesey things from harbor freight that bolts to the bumper to give me a reciever hitch. Was thinking it was going end up kinda all in one. I came up with this before the idea of making a tank was presented to me. I figured use 1/2 plate and use the existing holes for the bumper to serve as one mount then a peice welded up that sits under the frame tight and gets bolted from underneath as well then just notching it for the 3 in drill pipe and have the brackets drop down and be tied together with a reciever.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Hahah my technical drawings are the best. What are you talking about. I got a new phone and it has a stylus so i was trying my hand at making spectacular designs for everyone to enjoy. Guess it worked lol:dancingpoop:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20