Really Cool Moment (for me)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Today I had a moment that might seem really silly to some but I was over the moon to quote someone from the 1920's...going to the grocery store to get dinner after the wife, kids and I left the pool, I happened to turn out of our neighborhood on to our turnpike and the only other car coming down the hill was a 1950 Chevy 3100 hotrodded out. It was murdered out, even the chrome and the logo across the tailgate was painted black. Most of the day this road is loaded with traffic.....oh I just happened to be driving my truck that is.
I had a grin from ear to ear and waved when they caught up. It was a dad and his kid in the cab. Then we hit the stop light at the same time. I gave a thumbs up and got one back.Then I turned right and they cruised on. This truck was so badass.
There was a car show around here somewhere today. I forgot that I saw an old Continental and a Bel Air at the gas station earlier today.I guess I was just lost in my idiot bliss.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Today I had a moment that might seem really silly to some but I was over the moon to quote someone from the 1920's...going to the grocery store to get dinner after the wife, kids and I left the pool, I happened to turn out of our neighborhood on to our turnpike and the only other car coming down the hill was a 1950 Chevy 3100 hotrodded out. It was murdered out, even the chrome and the logo across the tailgate was painted black. Most of the day this road is loaded with traffic.....oh I just happened to be driving my truck that is.
I had a grin from ear to ear and waved when they caught up. It was a dad and his kid in the cab. Then we hit the stop light at the same time. I gave a thumbs up and got one back.Then I turned right and they cruised on. This truck was so badass.
There was a car show around here somewhere today. I forgot that I saw an old Continental and a Bel Air at the gas station earlier today.I guess I was just lost in my idiot bliss.
Hell no! I do this to all kindsa old cars and trucks i see! I just did it this past weekend to a guy in an old truck, idr what it was. My gf started talkin $][it but the guy waved back and i was like HELL YEA inside!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Hell no! I do this to all kindsa old cars and trucks i see! I just did it this past weekend to a guy in an old truck, idr what it was. My gf started talkin $][it but the guy waved back and i was like HELL YEA inside!
Yes dude! It's like that with me and my wife.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Also thumbs upped (out the window) a truck driver a few days ago in a GORGEOUS old square nose peterbilt but he didnt see me.
Yeah, I love checking out the big rigs and any bigger than normal truck to see the make and try to spot the year.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yeah, I love checking out the big rigs and any bigger than normal truck to see the make and try to spot the year.
I LOVE old square nose petes! Especially round eyes with huge diameter long straight stacks! HELL YEA!!

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
Yes. I love all the OG style semi tractor trucks. As kid from the 80's Optimus Prime had me in love with COE trucks before I knew what they were. And the most recent movie version is obviously what you are digging. Cool as $#!* an timeless as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tetz73