Radiator Pads Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
I went out and bought a 350 HD Radiator which Im pretty sure is a 4core(seen in picture)
You must be registered for see images

my problem occurs when I try and fit radiator pads, stock 350 ones are too small along with the metal hold downs, the CUCV metal hold downs work but the rubber pads are too big, does anyone know what just came with a factory four core radiator and where can I get pads for it

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I went through the same ****. I had two pairs of rubbers and brackets. I had to cut and weld them to make longer pads and brackets, and I still had to use some 3/8" hex nuts and longer bolts to space the brackets up. Just that little bit of lift in the brackets made them rub on the hood insulation when the hood is closed.

I just put one of those radiators in in the spring. It now has developed a weep on the top transmission line fitting. I have not dug in to it yet but I can not tell right now if it is leaking troughs the treads of the trans line nut or if it is coming from around and behind that big stamped steel nut against the radiator tank that holds the female fitting. Other than that it has been a great radiator so far.

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Wait - I knew I had seen these somewhere. Classicparts.com has some stuff. They often are OEM parts (they just - for some reason - never mention that fact). Cheaper too.

Also - measure the depth of your radiator tank legs (the part that sits in the insulator). From what I can see, they are either 3 1/2" or 2 5/16" as measured from front to back.

http://www.classicparts.com/Radiator-Parts/products/1024/2/0

If you really do have a four core - the ones above probably will not fit. Check out Tuckers Classic Auto Parts:

http://www.tuckersparts.com/RESERVED-c-629/?page=2

They have cushions that are specifically sized for a four core frame.

Last edited:

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
LMC truck has them. You'll need the 454 HD Cooling pads. I have that same radiator. It's a 2-row. It flows more than a 4-row. Tank width is the same on any HD cooler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus