Questions about aftermarket kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

germando

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
Hey everyone,

I bought my daughter a 73 c1500 454 that came without factory AC, and as we reside in Texas AC is not optional. Wanting to get you guys opinions on the aftermarket kits that are available. Vintage air etc...the PO did an ac install but then cut the hoses and took out the compressor. And judging by the shotty wiring they added I will just start from scratch.

Does anyone have any opinions on the full kits that are available, the one that have everything in them? Is the vintage air the one to go with seems popular on the internet. Any insider information would be awesome

Thanks
G

consti2tion

Reaction score
First Name
Cw
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Seeing that you're in DFW, you might contact Old Air Products, they're "local" to us in DFW, being in Fort Worth. The employees I met at Good Guy's seemed like nice enough people. I don't have any experience with their products.

How did the PO do the install? Did they use factory parts or just an under dash unit?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8