Q-Jet to Demon kickdown cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
86 K10, 350/700r4 (engine maybe out of an 87)....hard to tell with the crap I'm finding out about the truck.

Anyway, so I get the new Demon 1900 on the truck today. I go to connect the cables and the crap don't line up. The throttle post is out further than the Q and the cable rubs the horizontal arm under movement. I'm thinking no biggie, that's what the protection sleeve is for on the throttle cable.

What I'm concerned about is the kick down cable. When the post is mounted on the outside, the cable makes an abrupt turn outward to the post. To make it even look correct I had to mount the post pointing in toward the body of the carb.

Seems the only way to fix this would be to get a different mounting bracket. The end of my kick down cable is crap and needs replaced.

Question is, if it functions fine, and doesn't jam up with anything, leave it and call it a day? Fix the cable obviously.

Fine to run it w/o the cable hooked up for a few days?

Thanks In Advance
for Thoughts and Suggestions

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
This idea of running transmissions with cables just hanging off the side is ridiculous. If that is ok then you should use duct tape instead of bolts or welds too! Heck you can probably make a bracket out of duct tape too!

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I'll continue searching for why it's not a good idea.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
found it nm. Thanks for the kick in the butt btw lol. Still not used to these 700's. I deserved it because I think I asked the same question a year ago. Anyway, I was attempting to put the "broken" retainer on, not the one thats good. The broke one is still on the cable also. Think I'll take a pair of ***** to it and get rid of it.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
found it nm. Thanks for the kick in the butt btw lol. Still not used to these 700's. I deserved it because I think I asked the same question a year ago. Anyway, I was attempting to put the "broken" retainer on, not the one thats good. The broke one is still on the cable also. Think I'll take a pair of ***** to it and get rid of it.

Good to hear.

I know I come across as a bit of an arse! But I just say it like I see it. No insult intended. Just trying to help :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eatfood