Pulling to the right when braking...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
If steering wheel is pulling hard right and you have replaced the steering pump whats your next suggestion?

Alignment.

jchance

Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 4x4
Engine Size
Alignment.

you think alignment issues even if when driving there is no pulling only under braking and when braking hard it literally turns the wheel if you let go. im gonna check rear drums again. front brakes are all new. thanks

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
you think alignment issues even if when driving there is no pulling only under braking and when braking hard it literally turns the wheel if you let go. im gonna check rear drums again. front brakes are all new. thanks

Then something is wrong with the front brakes. Did you replace the rubber lines to the calipers?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ok so I found out the rears were toast and replaced them and the cylinders as well. the right side was the worst. even after replacing them the right now wants to sick to the drum. maybe the adjuster? i did have to use wd40 and pliers to get it moving freely. frustrated ugh. ...

edit: spell check. .

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Last edited:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
What about a stuck caliper or slide? Do the front pads wear evenly inside and out? if it pulls right look at the left side and vice versa.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ok i actually suck my head behind the wheel. .. i thought is was sticking because the right rear was smoking when i on the way to work. turns out one of the fittings on the cylinder is leaking. I'll tighten it up in a few. Hope that stops it.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks Mad..
Well loosening and tightening the hard line nut seems to have stopped the leaking fluid. I'll give it a few more days.

BTW does anyone have a link to the replacement rear hard brake line for a c10? can't find it on rock. might end up going to a yard for a spare.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Well it's started leaking again once i made it to work. I'll have to find someone parting out a truck i can snag them from. Sucks!

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I think the ones that run across the length of the rear axle are usually made by hand. Just need a small bender and flare tool. You'd be surprised how easy it is once your done

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
LMC sells all those lines. Pg 179 in my book

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Thanks! i found some on summit racing for 23 bucks made by right stuff # TRA8101, but time is mute of a concern. I'll be needing the nuts as well. i have a flare and bender. maybe orielys will have what i need idk. yards don't want to sell parts off the rear diff. Sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reese68