Pulling a motor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'm there with you on that !!! Damn, I hate asking anyone for help. And it really really delays my projects badly. Like now, I need to move the 85K10 to the other side of the driveway up front to get the 81 out so I can load it on the trailer and scrap it. Can't push it myself with another truck and steer it at the same time. But that's what I'll have to do. It'll take me probably 15-20 minutes to get that truck moved over to the other side of the driveway. Sometimes just to have someone, hey hand me a 1/2 in wrench. Nope, gotta slide out from underneath get up, go the garage and come back out. Get back underthere and find out its not 1/2 its fuggin 12mm !!! :flipthebird: I feel your pain brutha !!! Sometimes just a spare hand makes a world of differance whether they know a thing or not. I wish my dogs had hands.
That old flick with Kurt Russel, Used Cars, remember that dog the old man had that got the tools for him? I was saying to myself if I could have one of those!!! :roflbow:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I'm still waiting on mine too! Hopefully it comes sometime soon. I'd like to use part of it for spending money on our cruise in a few weeks!
:High 5:

But I am gonna miss my pal. :sad72:

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
The mother fugger almost looks like some kind of exotic sex toy or some chit !!! I've never seen or used one. EVER !!! :happy175: The **** people will sell. I'll assure you, the guy who invented that tool, did not become a millionaire. Not on that tool anyway. Unless he sold it at the sex shops.

:roflsquared:

Don't know why he would need a flywheel holder when he has a flexplate :crazy:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Flywheel/flexplate same ****, they both have teeth to grab onto. Very handy tool.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Flywheel/flexplate same ****, they both have teeth to grab onto. Very handy tool.

Technically, there is a huge differance, but we have been taught common wrong lingo, like Channelocks are Arc Joint Pliers, and a Weed Eater is a string trimmer. People call Channelocks and Weed Eaters but both are brand names not the name of the tool. That's what were refer to those tools as. A flywheel is very heavy and does not flet at all, normally used for a manual transmission. A flex plate is light and thin and used for an auto transmisison in most cases. And Dodge actually uses a funky looking thing called a flexplate that has no teeth. The teeth are actually built into the torque converter, and the flexplate joins the converter to the crankshaft.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
No way hot rod, not stealing this thunder..... They are basically both a cylindrical piece of steel aiding in transferring power from engine to transmission. Your completely right, there is differences mostly the thickness but they both basically do the same damn thing especially the part with the teeth around it. Both the flexplate and flywheel you can use the tool I pictured on.

I asked Mr. Sniff about the tool and he confirmed he has a couple of them and always uses them!

Last edited:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Before you respond I know the Flywheel has a machined surface the clutch plate is pressed against and the flex plate is a thinner piece of steel bolted to the Torque converter. But they are basically the same thing just different applications.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derek87