Pricing on Engines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
you can put a carb on them but you need the computer to do ignition, they have no distributor hole. There's an ~$800 kit to make a distrib mount in the timing cover but that's rich for my blood. The auto trans that came with them have computers too.

Here's a couple pages out of a book I have, ours is from '64 so it's the 10.5:1, but they even made 11:1 heads
Wow, I can add that to my knowledge base. Thanks. I should have known. That was back when you could get Sunoco high octane gas (105?) for .35 - .45/gal. $1.00 would carry you all night.
Not tooting my own horn here, but I am more than intelligent enough to do an LS swap. I have built and tuned some modern vehicles, currently have a turbocharged 4 banger j@p car in the driveway putting out a little over 300awhp. It's down at the moment being made even faster. Just because I technically know how to mess around with newer tech, doesn't mean I want shat sh!t in my square. I don't drive a 30something year old rectangle on 15" wheels and analogue gauges because I'm too stupid to figure out an LS, I just like the truck for what it is, sorry you hated yours so much that you had to ruin it to make yourself feel better. Personally I couldn't think of a worse thing to do to a square than swap in an LS, but it's all personal preference I don't care that you stole the heart and soul out of yours for the sake of perceived "driveability", snd I wouldn't blatantly call you dumb for doing so (but now that you mention it, what a stupid f-ing thing to do. What's wrong, couldn't figure out how to swap in a brand new 'vette engine?). If I'm that concerned I'll go hop in the '08 2500 with a 6.0L, but the square SHOULD have an old school small block in it, or maybe even a big block. But not some ******* LS with a plastic intake and computers and 8 coils and all that crap. Pretty nice having something you can fix with a leatherman on the side of the road.
Agreed, I have owned many classics which I have resto-modded, including my current K5, but never went the computerized route. I like that classic period, but, I guess that's why there are so many flavors of ice cream.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Apparently you didn't read my follow up post? But wait, you liked it? I said I'm sorry for the rant to the community. Mocking the LS craze is one thing, insulting someone's intelligence is another. I was joking, but not everyone perceives things the same way. Again, I apologize. Moving on.
I clearly did seeing as how I "liked" it. But also seeing how it's a follow up post I obviously didn't read that till after replying ;)

No harm done man, I'm not mad. I too may have been in that same "a couple beers too many" boat when I posted, sorry I was kind of a jerk too. But yeah I'm over it, no worries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale Downes