Pre-welded stake pockets or Bolt on? How good of quality is the aftermarket bedsides?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
No girlfriend or wife pics but I have a few of your mom. Should I post them here?
DING DING DING

You finally realized we're on THE INTERNET! YAYYYYY

Nice truck, I like it. You should make a thread in the intro section and tell us a little about your truck/self. Of course the more pics the better ;)

We got a pretty good group of guys here for the most part (and a couple girls too), it's a good community with a lot of info. But yeah man you can't take stuff too seriously, it is a website full of a bunch of dudes and trucks and stuff, balls will be busted from time to time.

Especially by Rusty...

But yeah welcome aboard

Last edited:

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This is what I was thinking about replacing it with.
https://www.smokeyroadrodshop.com/index.html

Yeah, I looked at that bed floor. Pretty pricey but you only have to do it once.

We are building a fleetside with the factory wood floor for my son and I'm using cheap pine as its a kids first car and I know it will probably have to be replaced every 5-10 years even with marine grade sealants. I originally was going to use recycled bowling alley lane as I thought it would be cool but after talking to some woodworkers, they said it wouldn't ever seal properly.

Blair Bakke

Reaction score
First Name
Blair
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Custom Deluxe, Short box Stepside.
Engine Size
DING DING DING

You finally realized we're on THE INTERNET! YAYYYYY

Nice truck, I like it. You should make a thread in the intro section and tell us a little about your truck/self. Of course the more pics the better ;)

We got a pretty good group of guys here for the most part (and a couple girls too), it's a good community with a lot of info. But yeah man you can't take stuff too seriously, it is a website full of a bunch of dudes and trucks and stuff, balls will be busted from time to time.

Especially by Rusty...

But yeah welcome aboard

Been a Marine for 30 years. I can bust balls like it's my job . Appreciate all the info.

Blair Bakke

Reaction score
First Name
Blair
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I’d normally chalk this up to drunk posting, but given the time of day you posted, benefit of the doubt goes to just being a jerk....

I'm overseas at least 12 hours ahead of you guys so afternoon here might look like I'm posting in the middle of night. I don't sleep much anyways

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I'm overseas at least 12 hours ahead of you guys so afternoon here might look like I'm posting in the middle of night. I don't sleep much anyways

Don't sweat it man, pretty sure he was talkin' about rusty and not you

Blair Bakke

Reaction score
First Name
Blair
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yeah, I looked at that bed floor. Pretty pricey but you only have to do it once.

We are building a fleetside with the factory wood floor for my son and I'm using cheap pine as its a kids first car and I know it will probably have to be replaced every 5-10 years even with marine grade sealants. I originally was going to use recycled bowling alley lane as I thought it would be cool but after talking to some woodworkers, they said it wouldn't ever seal properly.

The other option is leaving the wood as is and getting a two piece removable "Show deck" to place in for cruises and shows then take out when home. Bruce Horkey's wood and Parts has some of the best show decks I've seen. I'm going to try the Vinyl aluminum and keep my wood for future if I decide to go back.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
This is what I was thinking about replacing it with.
https://www.smokeyroadrodshop.com/index.html
That's the same place the Truck Tech guys used for their Low 'n Slo bed floor. It looked good and if I remember correctly they said it went together nice. They used the paint able strips. I really like the clean look of not having exposed fasteners.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bennyt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's the same place the Truck Tech guys used for their Low 'n Slo bed floor. It looked good and if I remember correctly they said it went together nice. They used the paint able strips. I really like the clean look of not having exposed fasteners.

Yeah, they are close to $3k when done. The hidden fasteners are basically the same price so might as well. Also, for me, everything is custom as not a lot of factory fleet sides with wood floor.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I've had this truck since 1986. It's not polite questioning peoples integrity.

It's the internet dude and requires pictures to operate. That's how they run this website even.
I couldn't help but notice you showed up empty handed and wanting...?
Turns out there WAS a picture AND it even shows the stake pockets.

L.I.B.
Wouldn't ya know?
Lookie dere!
How bout that.

Something about questioning integrity says Pinocchio...

Lotta noobs fess up to lurking prior to posting AND they SHOW UP knowing we need pics..they're cool and turn into fine members but you? Nahhh.youre so green it hurts. First time here!
?eh?
You pay first - THEN ask question.

Polite aint my business.
Welcome to the innernet!

Good luck with your truck. :p i guess.

Blair Bakke

Reaction score
First Name
Blair
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It's the internet dude and requires pictures to operate. That's how they run this website even.
I couldn't help but notice you showed up empty handed and wanting...?
Turns out there WAS a picture AND it even shows the stake pockets.

L.I.B.
Wouldn't ya know?
Lookie dere!
How bout that.

Something about questioning integrity says Pinocchio...

Lotta noobs fess up to lurking prior to posting AND they SHOW UP knowing we need pics..they're cool and turn into fine members but you? Nahhh.youre so green it hurts. First time here!
?eh?
You pay first - THEN ask question.

Polite aint my business.
Welcome to the innernet!

Good luck with your truck. :p i guess.

Okay, I will play. Sure I'm new to THIS forum but I'm no stranger to the internet seeing I've done communications for the military for 30 years so please keep your welcome mat for someone else. I didn't see any requirement in the forum rules for me to post a resume or pictures of my wife or truck neither. I also didn't see any pictures of your truck or wife so I am guessing you lost it in the devorce or it's a complete **** box. Since you can't seem to piece together the problem by reading without pictures I'm going to assume you have a sub 90 IQ , can't read and need a little help to keep up. With that, I don't want you to go home crying so here's a balloon kiddo. Have a nice day.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
WOW. did you guys get off on the wrong foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blair Bakke

Reaction score
First Name
Blair
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
WOW. did you guys get off on the wrong foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy to hit the reset button and offer an olive branch but I'm not the run and pout type. I don't enjoy throwing insults within a group of like minded people but I don't chew on my tongue well neither.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Welcome Blair and nice truck... really nice! We don't need to see pics to believe unless the poster comes across like a dick...

To answer your question... well, we need more pics!
Serious here, the quality of oversea parts is consistently inconsistent, so we can't really give a solid answer. The metal is thinner than stock, and sometimes a part like a cab corner is so bad you might think it's for a Ford. Other times these parts are really awesome. As far as stake pockets...
man with a truck like yours i would hesitate to carry a cooler in the back. When I think of bed pockets I think of carrying a load of firewood. Not for
your truck, never. Sorry can't give a more solid answer, but sheet metal is a gamble. Still, we're pleased we can even get crappy parts. Better than
**** all.

Blair Bakke

Reaction score
First Name
Blair
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome Blair and nice truck... really nice! We don't need to see pics to believe unless the poster comes across like a dick...

To answer your question... well, we need more pics!
Serious here, the quality of oversea parts is consistently inconsistent, so we can't really give a solid answer. The metal is thinner than stock, and sometimes a part like a cab corner is so bad you might think it's for a Ford. Other times these parts are really awesome. As far as stake pockets...
man with a truck like yours i would hesitate to carry a cooler in the back. When I think of bed pockets I think of carrying a load of firewood. Not for
your truck, never. Sorry can't give a more solid answer, but sheet metal is a gamble. Still, we're pleased we can even get crappy parts. Better than
**** all.

I agree. I think the real issue is how well they were able to coat inside the pockets after they were spot welded. With the pockets off they can get a healthy primer, paint and finish coat for extra protection. I don't think this is much of a problem inland but when you are close to the ocean anything not coated well will rust at an accelerated rate. Really curious if anyone has purchased the new style and their experience.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodyHansen