Power Windows Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kirk T

Reaction score
First Name
Kirk
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
5.0 V-8
Hello - I read a post from 2017 concerning a man's electric window problems. I have something similar going on with my '85 K-10. The LH window switch operates the LH window fine but it doesn't do anything for the RH window. The RH switch doesn't move the window either. I checked the continuity of the TAN and DK BLU/WHITE wires and my ohmmeter says there is continuity there. I went out and bought a Innova circuit tester that is supposed to tell you the voltage on a particular wire if it is hot or whether it is grounded. So although my ohmmeter is saying there is continuity, the tester is saying that the TAN and DK BLU/WHITE wires are not grounded. The TAN wire at the LH switch is reading as grounded but the DK BLU/WHITE is not showing being grounded at either the LH or RH switch.

I can bypass the switches and put a ground and 12v on the window motor and it works so I know it's not the motor.
Do you think the LH switch is bad? Any guidance you can give me will be greatly appreciated

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
everything goes back to a common ground through the driver door switch. the problem could actually be with either switch if there isn't a wiring problem under the dash (I had a mouse problem once that caused me window and lock problems).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk