Power window motor replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xman

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
The driver side motor doesn't move the window. When I rock the switch I hear the motor 'clunk' open/close, but the window doesn't move. I don't feel the window try to move. So I figure the motor is locked. Or could there be a piece out of place causing the lock? What is the process to replace the motor? I see the bolts that hold the motor and know they come out. Is there anything else? I can see the gear that the motor moves. Does that just sit into the motor? Not sure of the interface of motor to gear. Not much room in the door to look around. The truck has 50000 miles and sat for 15 years so it would be understandable that some things just no longer work. It's a 87 R10.

Xman

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thanks Andy. I think I located the issue. The large curved gear is rusted to the point of lost teeth. I put a light inside the door and took pics. Gear is really rusted. Now the job is to remove and replace the regulator and motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising