Power window track question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WP29P4A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic V1500
Engine Size
350 TBI
My son and I are in the process of rebuilding the window tracks on the Dodge Charger. (1974) It has felt U shaped channels that glide up and down on the tracks. These are NOT the tracks that the glass slides in. The glass does not have a track. The original felts look like they had some type of rivet built into the rubber backing to attach to the track. The replacement does not have an attachment point.

Looking for options from someone with first hand knowledge preferably, second hand knowledge would be second best, something with humor is always appreciated. I could use a pop rivet and hope it doesn't make contact with the edge of the track, could use adhesive again, just not the gorilla glue that expands like the first attempt, that's forcing me to pull everything in the passenger door out again, to redo the felts. Any chance the felts would stay in place without attaching them? Yes I have to shorten the felts to match the grove they attach to.
You must be registered for see images attach

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I've put them in with windshield urethane with no issues. I Scrape the mating surfaces up real good first too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne