Power window and door lock install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
And if anyone can help me on how to post multiple pics from phone that'd be awesome too, I am not tech savy

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Finished up today, here's a couple of pics of the wiring and the holes that have to be drilled. The holes are 1 1/2 diameter. I used a metal hole saw. Here's the hole drilled on the outside of cab with wire harness pushed through it. The door and outside portion if cab have small indentions where the holes need to be drilled. The interior portion of the cab behind the kick panel does not. I just drilled where donor truck hole was or as close to it as possible.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Inside hole, after wire is pushed through you can seat the rubber bushing into the hole. I used a flathead screw driver . This helps to keep the wire away from the metal edge you cut.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Now all that's left is pushing the wires through the rubber boot that goes between the door and cab at the hinge. Rivet the boot to both the cab and the door. Run your wire into the door and plug harness ends into the switches, lock actuator and window motor. At this point make sure your wire is out of the path of the moving window. If all good you can reinstall your door panel which will need to be cut in order to fit the new switches. Do the same for both doors and all that is left is hiding the cross cab wiring under the dash. The door lock regulator will need to be bolted somewhere that is a good ground. Here is the pic of my now power door.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 329

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Excellent write up!

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Thanks!

ajordan282

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
has anyone done this, or something similar, without removing the doors?

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
To do it right, better to pull the door. Just mark everything first including shims.

Nice write up!
Sideways pix. Out of focus pix. After a few shots they were clear.

Last edited:

Hoodbj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Been a while since I did this but in order to drill the hole through the cab the door needed to be off. Also in order to drill the hole where the wiring goes into the door it requires the door to be removed. There were dimples on the cab and the door to locate where the holes needed drilled.

ajordan282

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
FWIW I did this without removing the door. I drilled the door from the inside, which was straightforward. I drilled the a-pillar from the inside of the cab, behind the kick panel then through the a-pillar. this was tricky though, because inside the a-pillar there is a gusset on an angle that runs from the kick panel side to the outside of the a-pillar. If you drill where the gusset is, you're hosed on that shot. you're gonna have to swiss cheese your kick panel till you hit the right spot (though once you drill it you can kinda see where to/not to drill on your second shot). oh and don't hit the door trigger wire. touch the bare metal up with some paint, install your conduit (i used the universal conduit from classicparts.com), run your wires, reinstall the your plastic kick panel cover and BOOM done.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkorich