Power Tour 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
June 8 through June 14 is the Hot Rod Power Tour. It runs through 6 states. Starts in North Carolina and ends in Norwalk Ohio. Largest caravan in the Country, over 6000 cars and trucks. Sponsored by Hotrod Magazine, Chevrolet and Continental tires. I am doing the last day from Ft. Wayne In to Norwalk Oh. Anyone interested check it out on internet. If anyone wants to caravan with us or meet up at Norwalk let me know. Any vehicle is welcome. There is classics, rat rods, trucks, New cars etc.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'd really like to do this, at some point. As in the whole thing. I don't know about the work schedule, but I might be able to make the last stop at Norwalk.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
I did it last year an it was definitely a good time. Super cool to cruise down the road with a ton of other hot rods. I wish I could make it this year but with starting a business I don't have the time or the money anymore lol.

If your going to do it make sure your cooling system is functioning at 110%. Theres a ton of traffic at certain places on the routes and especially getting in or out of the venues. Don't be in a hurry an just enjoy the sights and all the cool cars. Its something every car guy should do at least once imo.

fried_daddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
R1500
Engine Size
5.3 LS
I went last year in my 66 Galaxie only on the last two legs. It was great!! I'm not gonna be able to make it to any of the stops this year. Maybe the next time it goes through NC I'll be ready!

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Several years ago the route went through my town! My Dad and I parked ourselves in a church parking lot right by an intersection. Amazing choice as we got to hear every car accelerate! Just past the intersection the road had a nice downhill that allowed you to see quite far down the road. Soooo many of the cars dropped the hammer down that stretch! It was awesome! We had several groups pull in to the parking lot to take a break. A GTO pulled in and he needed a water pump. Had to break the news to him it was Sunday and no place I knew of was open. I know he made it to Muskegon as we saw him there when we wondered down there several hours later. Just having me experience as a "spectator", I can only imagine what it would be to drive it. I hope to do it next with my buddies and their '57 Chevy and '71 Chevelle, with my '85 SS.