Power Steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpooN

Reaction score
First Name
Paco
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
What's up guys?

I have an '83 K1500 and I have discovered that my power steering bracket is totally jacked. 2 out of 3 mounting points are broken off and so the pump has quite a bit of play and occasionally makes some noises. But, for the life of me I have been unable to secure a replacement bracket. I know this isn't the classifieds forum (which for some reason I can't post to, any help there would be nice) but, if you have a spare bracket you are willing to sell please get in touch with me. Alternatively, I would appreciate any insight as to what type of brackets out there would serve as a suitable replacement. When I search for a power steering bracket for my truck something like 20 different type of brackets come up, each with just as many comments about how it works great and others of how it doesn't. So in short, there is too much conflicting information out there and I would simply like to get the factory replacement bracket (which is discontinued, gm part #14082318) and if you got it please hit me up. Thanks.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I am fairly certain that a 1983 PS pump is bracketed the same way as later years - so the following should pertain to your truck.

The part number is 14031106.

You must be registered for see images attach

But I wouldn't waste time looking to buy one, they are almost for sure NLA anywhere. To avoid a bunch of involved (and expensive) modifications, just go to the junkyard and pull a complete pump/bracket. They usually come right out and shouldn't cost you more than $20.

SpooN

Reaction score
First Name
Paco
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
So that looks very similar to my bracket but mine is a little simpler. I attached a picture of the P.S. bracket I removed from my truck and circled the attachment points on the bracket that broke off.

I called the local dealer's parts department and gave them my VIN and they told me the part number was 14082318 but that it is discontinued and no longer available for purchase. I have hit up all the local junk yards for the past month and I haven't found any vehicles I can pull this from; all the squarebodies I've found laying around have already been cannibalized beyond recognition. I've found plenty of the '88 and up trucks but those use completely different bracketing from what I can tell. Needless to say, I'm still interested in purchasing one of these. If anyone comes across one of these PLEASE hit me up. I would hate to have to remove P.S. from my truck >.<

Any feedback on why I can't post to the classifieds?

Attachments

• sketch-1443375562104.jpg
    sketch-1443375562104.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The dealer just blew you off - part # 14082318 is shown below:

Trust me you need part 14031106.

Here you go - $30 (and $13 S&H):

1978-1986 Chevrolet 305 350 Power Steering Pump Bracket

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-1986-Chevrolet-305-350-Power-Steering-Pump-Bracket-/131600663013

Any feedback on why I can't post to the classifieds?

Here's the the header at the top of the Classifieds area - it might contain a clue:

GMSB Classifieds Forum -You will need at least 50 posts and be registered for at least 5 days to post a thread in the classifieds.

Last edited:

SpooN

Reaction score
First Name
Paco
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
Thanks, Chengny. 50 posts dude!? That seems like overkill. I understand wanting to discourage spam and all but I would hate to stick my nose and random posts and say something pointless just to meet the quota... oh well.

SpooN

Reaction score
First Name
Paco
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
NO WAY!! You found one on eBay? That's awesome man, thanks a lot! I can finally carry on. You're the best man.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Ah f*ck! It's gone already - I hope it was you that got it.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Thanks, Chengny. 50 posts dude!? That seems like overkill. I understand wanting to discourage spam and all but I would hate to stick my nose and random posts and say something pointless just to meet the quota... oh well.

Sorry man, I don't make the rules - I just enforce them.

SpooN

Reaction score
First Name
Paco
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
It's all good man, I did snatch that thing up right quick lol. I should have it here this week sometime. I'm dying to get this truck going again, I've been working on it since April.

It was a California truck and I did away with much of the emissions system on it and went to some aluminum Edelbrock heads, and intake manifold, and carburetor, and still installing all new exhaust, headers and everything. Too many changes all at once really... I'm curious to see what this thing will be like when it runs again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wacky