Power Plus Hurricane Intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
anyone ever used or heard of anyone using a Power Plus Hurricane intakes before, friend of mine needed some parts i had and swapped me a brand new intake and its a Power Plus Hurricane intake first time ive ever seen one, kinda looks like an Edelbrock Super Victor intake, maybe the knock off version? idk wanna get some back ground on it or info before i use it the advertising on the box say this

Engine Block Style: Stock/OEM standard deck
Intake Style: Single plane
Basic Operating RPM Range: 3,000-7,500
Intake Manifold Height: 6.060 in.

the rpm range is perfect for my 350 but i think ill put a 750cfm holly on it not that cheap edelbrock performer 600cfm. what do yall think about it

Attachments

• a2f34bc3.jpg
    a2f34bc3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
i also wanted to add that i found a good deal on a 750cfm Holley Ultra Double Pumper for $200 still new in the box, would that be too much carb for a 350

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
The Hurricane intake is a Chinese knock off and have had issues will the ports matching up. They can be fixed if you want to take the time or spend the money, but a new intake would be cheaper. A 750 carb is too much for a stock engine but will work for one that has some modifications.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
The Hurricane intake is a Chinese knock off and have had issues will the ports matching up. They can be fixed if you want to take the time or spend the money, but a new intake would be cheaper. A 750 carb is too much for a stock engine but will work for one that has some modifications.

well the motor its going on isnt stock by a long shot lol but thanks for the info on that intake, it will prolly work im going to have to pretty much modify any intake i buy, so it will match my heads, the heads have been ported quite a bit and have bigger valves in them too with a mild cam so a 750 should do fine, and if you think about a Rochester for a min they came factory and they were 750cfm

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That intake is probably made in the same factory as Pro Comp intakes. And yep, that would be the issue to watch for, that the ports don't line up. So if you're expecting to gasket port it anyway, you'll be good to go. Other than the fit, I do hear the Pro Comps do work well once modified.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI

750 is stock CFM from the factory on 305 and 350s with Q-jet.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
750 is stock CFM from the factory on 305 and 350s with Q-jet.

To get real technical, I thnk it's actually 780 cfm on most Qjets. You can always change metering rods to get the fuel metering turned down, and the motor will only suck in as much air as it can take, so it's not back to over carb so long as you have your fuel metered or jetted properly. That is more important than the cfm. Cfm is just a rating anyway. I've seen guys gut 2 barrels, jet'em and spank the living snot out of guys running dual quads. It started out as a 500cfm 2 bbl but by the time he got done working over the air horn stripping butterflies and shafts out of the thing, I bet he had it up to 700cfm and he was running a degreed in cam, that was degreed so well, you didn't hear the lope at idle, but it was a big cam. Sounded as stock as off the showroom floor running ram horn exhaust that was ported probably paper thin. The guy knew his **** for sure.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
The carb may be rated for 780 CFM but the actual engine demand dictates CFM by the vacuum actuated secondaries.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
800 on Buick 455's and other High Performance models, and 750 on all other q-jet equipped GM engines.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare