Power Locks not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thacheetah11

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Classic Sierra
Engine Size
Neither one of my power locks are working. Where do I turn for that?

Also, Windows roll up fine (although slow as Christmas) and they roll up faster when my engine is revving up. Why?

You guys will see me ALOT on here because I'm green as it gets when working on vehicles. This site is great for someone like me. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The locks may have some broken terminal or wire insulation-or a build up of corrosion at the switch connectors. There is a lock relay under the dash above the accel. pedal which may be faulty.

As for slow Windows unless you rev the engine, keep in mind the higher (to a point) your operating voltage is the easier the window motors can work. It's not so much that they draw a lot of amps, it's the drop in voltage that causes a high amp draw-works both ways. If you increase the voltage to the the window motors they will operate faster. You can achieve this by:

Cleaning/greasing mechanisms (easier on the motors)

New, HD stock harness (bigger wiring more voltage)

Convert to relay power (less resistance thru switches)

Upgrade charging system and window supply feeds (this combined with a relay upgrade and greasing the hardware will literally convert your windows over to a guillotine setup!! lol

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
All 12VDC accessories are engineered to operate at peak efficiency @ 16VDC so anything you can do to operate higher than 14V on a load the better for all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rowdy_80