Polyurethane vs rubber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Where does everyone think it's most important to have the grease? Between the bolt and sleeve, or between the sleeve and bushing. Serious question. Your input is greatly appreciated....

No, you can't say both. Lol

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
True. For the vast majority of ES bushings its the same compound with different coloring mixed in. I tried to nail down what percentage of their products have graphite in them and the ES rep was struggling to come up with a number so I said "10 percent?"
"No, much less."
"5 percent?"
"Less than that."
"Anything for 1/2 or 3/4 ton pickups?"
"Nope, not at all."

Interesting. Well like I said no squeaking from my black ones so maybe those have it...

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Where does everyone think it's most important to have the grease? Between the bolt and sleeve, or between the sleeve and bushing. Serious question. Your input is greatly appreciated....

get s bolt with the grease zerk and cross drill a few holes in the sleeve. BAM. now you got both. lol

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

I put a **** load of Neversieze on the bolts. That **** is like Herpes.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
get s bolt with the grease zerk and cross drill a few holes in the sleeve. BAM. now you got both. lol
And that was on the lines of what I was thinking. Drill a hole through the leaf, to the center of the bushing. Zerk on the outside of the leaf. Groove the inside of the bushing, where the sleeve rides.

(Not so sure I'm wanting to run those drilled out bolts)

Antisieze- Yeah. Not good for me. I get that crap all over the house if I use it. It never fails..... Lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
And that was on the lines of what I was thinking. Drill a hole through the leaf, to the center of the bushing. Zerk on the outside of the leaf. Groove the inside of the bushing, where the sleeve rides.

Antisieze- Yeah. Not good for me. I get that crap all over the house if I use it. It never fails..... Lol

I don't know if I would worry about the drilled bolts. The offroad guys have been using them for years, haven't heard of any failures yet.

carlgm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Truck Year
'85
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I prefer using poly. It is more durable and easy to install.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

I just pack the threw hole with neversieze. Yes it’s mess, but works well. Maybe it’s the kid in me, if it’s messy it’s gotta be good.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I just pack the threw hole with neversieze. Yes it’s mess, but works well. Maybe it’s the kid in me, if it’s messy it’s gotta be good.
Lol. Yeah, and I've had to use that for years too. I was thinking the zerk deal would be kinda cool, and a little cleaner. Who am I kidding though- I'd just get blobs of regular old grease everywhere then.... Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack253