poly vs rubber motor mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I remember reading of these problems somewhere before, the design of the old GM mounts was just not up to the vibration and torque of the Cummins, and they fail quickly.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Just to cover all the bases, are the mounts you are currently using new? Reason I ask is the rubber degrades over time and even a low-torque small block will get to jumping around pretty good.

I liked the suggestion DD made of using a limiting strap. Seems I remember HRPC talking about that in another thread.

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
I run poly engine and tranny mounts and body mounts
I have had to replace to many **** ass Chinese made rubber mounts cause they sagged and mushed allowing the motor to move all over

it tightens everything up and allows some more vibrations to transfer but I can live with that.

import cars are unibody so you will feel every vibration threw them

with a diesel the motor rattles like crazy anyway loud ass rattling bastards. go with the poly mounts you probably wont hear or feel much differences

I just put a 350 nv4500 in one of my 1 tons with poly engine and tranny mounts. and it had poly body mounts already

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
rubber mounts are brand new, so I made the plunge last night and bought poly mounts, really had no other choice. I will return with feedback

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85