Please help me with my exhaust!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm leaning this way myself. There is a fella on ls1tech that insists one or both of my mufflers are installed backwards. Magnaflow clearly states that they are universal and can be installed in either direction, though he does have me thinking lol. I did notice last night that my shift linkage could be rattling up against the header on the driver side and on the passenger side it looks like the header is up tight against a boss on the block by the starter. I'm surprised I missed this, gonna have to pull the header to cut that boss off. Must have been excited to have the ole girl back on the road!!!

Other than for access to or easier removal, I'd toss the clamps in back and weld up the pipe or have a couple sleeves made and have them welded.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

throttle out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.3 LS
Welded up the rest of the exhaust last night. Sounds much better but still have a leak at the ball flanges. The clamps for the flanges are tight so I will try some high temp silicone on them and see if it manages to seal it up. I've been looking at other flange options and was thinking of trying a V-band but the joint at the collector is not 100%plumb and have heard I will have problems with them.

https://youtu.be/9o3vW9iWDT4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB