Plans for the new garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I've had to blast a couple things that were too big for a cabinet. I wear a good quality respirator under a painter's hood and have a big fan blowing across the work area away from me. Breathing the dust can cause silicosis...very bad stuff and fatal with prolonged exposure.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Never heard of a DA sander are they high in price?

Da sander is a dual action sander. They can be as high as you want to spend, but they also use alot of cfm's.

To the OP. Your epoxy floor coating you are looking at is a good idea if you plan on turning wrenches, But I will fore warn you if you plan on doing and welding, cutting, anything with sparks you want to lay a piece of cardboard or something on the floor where you are working.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Da sander is a dual action sander. They can be as high as you want to spend, but they also use alot of cfm's.

To the OP. Your epoxy floor coating you are looking at is a good idea if you plan on turning wrenches, But I will fore warn you if you plan on doing and welding, cutting, anything with sparks you want to lay a piece of cardboard or something on the floor where you are working.

Good tip!

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The way the welding machine will be set up is I'll have a welding outlet right next the the garage door opening, then on the welding machine I have a ~25' extension with a male plug on it. I can roll the welder outside, which is what I do now. Same with the torch.

This garage will be (when it's done) like a room in the house. Shiny floors, big baseboard and crown molding, lots of light and storage....a new corvette will look at home in this thing. Engine swaps can be done outside and same with welding and cutting.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
You are going to have a really nice setup in that shop man!! Nice job with that...

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It's gonna be sweet I agree

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Another thing I'm thinking about. When I plumb in my air lines....I'm going to run the in the corner of the ceiling and then I can run the big crown over it.

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Updates! This may turn into a full on house progress thread. Dunno.

Havent even moved in yet. but pressure washed entire house and driveway, edged grass to promote drainage, added plastic liner between flower bed and driveway, painted walls in garage, added 4 new flourescent lights in the garage, and prepping for floor epoxy. ALso fertilized yard lol, still early spring so its not growing yet.

Heres some pics. TOmorrow evening when I get back over there I'll do the paint and the blue/white flakes, then maybe fri night or sat night I'll do clear coat. I went with midnight blue.

Here you can see the dirty driveway, I cleaned it up a bit in the below pic. Still need some muratic acid to get that rust off.
You must be registered for see images attach

heres how dirty the entry way was.

Adding the plastic liner (again-on the left you can see where I stopped pressure washing that day)

edging to promote drainage, water wanted to just stand on the concrete now it drains.

matched paint in garage and started painting

****** lighting before I touched it

The 4 4' flourescents I added. Adding another 4 on the inside of the garage door, that way when I raise the door I have light underneath. Gonna have 8- 4' flourescents!!

Mo betta light!

Also going to add floodlights outside the garage and maybe a nice security light. I love to have light!

Have more pics after I finish the floor! Heres a reminder of what the goal is for the floor

Last edited:

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
You're really getting your Taj Mahal together!!

1low4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thanks guys. Got everything I need I think to paint the floor tonight. Bought some silver metallic flakes to mix with the blue paint to glitter it up a bit.

Going to lay the paint and flakes tonight, then maybe tomorrow night it'll be ready for the clear coat.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Thanks guys. Got everything I need I think to paint the floor tonight. Bought some silver metallic flakes to mix with the blue paint to glitter it up a bit.

Going to lay the paint and flakes tonight, then maybe tomorrow night it'll be ready for the clear coat.

Awesome man. Have fun with it tonight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaddyg8