Parallel A/C Condenser

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobtail

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I have fixed and charged my A/C system, and it blew ice cold for 2 days. My mechanic put the dye in it and it showed up nice and yellow from my condenser lines down into a puddle next to radiator. Can anyone tell me where to actually get these parallel condensers designed for R134a? Summit only shows Spectra, ACDelco R12 OEM, the expensive VintageAir (that requires SureFit fittings??? can't find the fittings)

RockAuto doesn't seem to be very specific on it's 4 options except a UAC CN3642PFC, says parallel flow but out of stock.

Is UAC reputable?

Let me know what condenser to get because I think my leaky one is cheap aftermarket.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I am using uac parts on one of the vehicles but found fittings to be manufactured out of spec on one connection. After some mild rework it did work, but was a pain. Otherwise, seem to be ok so far.

As for condenser, I picked up parallel flow unit from a local parts store(oreilly). It was the only one they had listed .

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I used a universal parallel flow from Arizona Mobile Air, but also had new lines made up with the right fittings.

On my stock condenser there were metal lines extending from he bottom up to the top so that the top and bottom fittings were side by side, and then they stuck through the radiator support to connect to hoses. Since the universal condenser just had two fittings (top and bottom) on the driver's side, they had to make the rubber lines long enough to go all the way down to the fitting on the bottom. The guy did some weird hose routing so that the hose bends would be more gradual, but it certainly works. Picture is attached.

If I was going to do it again I think I would buy some stock length metal lines and extend the condenser fittings up so they were closer to the stock location. Metal could be bent much tighter than rubber hose, and its much smaller diameter.

Bruce

You must be registered for see images attach

Gator398

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Ok, thanks guys I decided on the apdi/pro from rock auto. a/c mechanic says he can build proper fittings for any condenser. I appreciate the feedback

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
The stock CK light truck and G series van condensers are so massive that they'll work quite well with R134a. The light truck cab volume is much smaller than most 60's - 90's cars and the cars typically had much smaller condensers that still work adequately with R134a.
The real performance killer on R134a conversions is not purging every drop of the old mineral oil from the lines, evaporator, and condenser before charging the system with PAG or Ester oil and refrigerant.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It's condenser size, not materials or construction, that determine how well it will work with R134a.

Could your leak be due to a torn o-ring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pugs Speed Shop