Paint Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
So can paint shop like carquest, napa, etc that mixes and sells paint. Can they mix there so you can brush it on instead of spraying for like small detailed stuff inside of a cab? Do you have to mix it with hardner or reducer for detail painting with a brush?

86chevyk20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
when i touched up my 03 silverado, carquest mixed me 2 spray cans of my paint code

it blends extreamly well and its a single stage paint, in just a reg spray can. just buff and blend it looks great

Last edited:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I have to brush it on. Its for a rear view mirror and instrument cluster bezel.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
when they mix for spray they don't mix in hardner or reducer it'd never work. it'd get hard.

Now if you are talking about that duplicolor paint shop crap from what I know you can just buy it and brush it right out the can.

Same for any auto paint, brushing it works just leaves brush marks.

remove them and spray them.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
when they mix for spray they don't mix in hardner or reducer it'd never work. it'd get hard.

Now if you are talking about that duplicolor paint shop crap from what I know you can just buy it and brush it right out the can.

Same for any auto paint, brushing it works just leaves brush marks.

remove them and spray them.

I was thinking on using a sponge brush.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
sponge brush sucks, and does leave brush strokes too, use a foam roller or remove them and spray em. It's simple enough to spray them and very easy to remove them. rear view has like one screw, maybe some plugins depending on year, and bezel could un snap or use screws.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
sponge brush sucks, and does leave brush strokes too, use a foam roller or remove them and spray em. It's simple enough to spray them and very easy to remove them. rear view has like one screw, maybe some plugins depending on year, and bezel could un snap or use screws.

Ok. What kinda of tape can I use on the mirror?

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
use the blue painters tape

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I'm far from a paint expert, but I've used the little detail brushes that come in touch-up paint without leaving brush marks before. After a bottle runs out, I clean & keep the brush. As long as the paint isn't very thick, and you take your time and only make one pass, the brush lines don't give a problem. It's just like touching up rock chips in your paint.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
blue painters tape sucks, it won't hold to anything. get you some reg. masking tape from wal-mart or lowes, auto parts stores or even the good green or yellow 3m masking tape the body shop has, any of it will work.

If that reflective part comes off from tape it must be super duck tape or just a crap mirror.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast