ORD Traction Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hoping someone else has installed these. Per instructions, I broke leaf spring pack down to one leaf, inserted spacer and mocked up rear axle to the frame. ORD says to cycle the suspension to find the least travel in mounting location. That part doesn't make sense to me. I would think the best geometry with the least amount of end movement would be with the traction bar at the longest length. Also, at what point in leaf spring compression should the traction bar be mounted to the frame? At full weight or something else?

Lastly, for the axle mounting tabs, I was going to clock the pinion angle to 3 degrees to get it close and weld the tabs plumb with the tube. I won't be able to set pinion angle until the very last step of the build so I thought this would be close enough, plus the tabs allow for enough movement in adjusting pinion angle.

Thoughts?

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Lastly, for the axle mounting tabs, I was going to clock the pinion angle to 3 degrees to get it close and weld the tabs plumb with the tube. I won't be able to set pinion angle until the very last step of the build so I thought this would be close enough, plus the tabs allow for enough movement in adjusting pinion angle.

No info on on the traction bars but you should be able to get an idea of the needed pinion angle.

For a standard driveshaft:
Frame sitting close to how it will be at ride height (levelish front to back), and powertrain mounted where it belongs
Put an angle finder on the transfer case output.
Then match that angle at the pinion snout.

img_7260-jpg.255108

Standard driveshafts (with only one U-joint at each end) need to be phased properly to avoid vibration
You must be registered for see images attach

For a double cardan shaft (common on front shafts & jeep aftermarket stuff):
Aim the pinion snout directly at the Transfer case output

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400