Opinions wanted

Wich does everybody like?

• Clear

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Amber

Votes: 22 71.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
What are NA bulbs? (Forgive me).

Amber bulbs.

The LED suppliers tell you to use matching colored LEDs when you have a colored lens so I'm going to guess that an amber bulb and an amber lens is like super amber.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Amber bulbs.

The LED suppliers tell you to use matching colored LEDs when you have a colored lens so I'm going to guess that an amber bulb and an amber lens is like super amber.
Ive always heard opposite... amber lens with clear bulb and vise versa. Next chance i get ill post a pic of just the makers on in the dark.

GMFORLIFE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Camper Special
Engine Size
Also... ive never seen my clear turn lenses after bc im always driving it lol
Ever pulled up behind a car with broken tail light and be blinded by the clear bulb?
I drive nights,sometimes down deserted country roads..the life you save by running amber lights...might be your own.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Amber bulbs.

But during the day i had them on and the amber behind amber didnt look to much diff then amber behind clear.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Ever pulled up behind a car with broken tail light and be blinded by the clear bulb?
I drive nights,sometimes down deserted country roads..the life you save by running amber lights...might be your own.
Honestly i dont like clear. I think amber lenses got a better look.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Incandescents may be different. Wavelengths and lumens and other stuff. My guess is that amber bulbs lose brightness by passing white light through a colored filter to change the color whereas LEDs radiate color directly.

Sublime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
m
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'll be the odd ball, (imagine that, lol) I like the clean look of clear lenses. BUT I would run an amber bulbs for legality reasons and I want everyone to see amber while turning. As you know people don't pay attention and might get confused with a non amber bulb flashing. I ended up purchasing chrome 1157 bulb that lights amber to go with my clear lenses.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I'll be the odd ball, (imagine that, lol) I like the clean look of clear lenses. BUT I would run an amber bulbs for legality reasons and I want everyone to see amber while turning. As you know people don't pay attention and might get confused with a non amber bulb flashing. I ended up purchasing chrome 1157 bulb that lights amber to go with my clear lenses.
Factory it has clear lenses with amber bulbs so they light amber

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Incandescents may be different. Wavelengths and lumens and other stuff. My guess is that amber bulbs lose brightness by passing white light through a colored filter to change the color whereas LEDs radiate color directly.
Im tryin to put LEDs in them but cant make em work, i got pissed and put the incans back in. I want LEDs in em tho.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I like the amber lenses better. I switched them on my '77 K5 and on my last truck, '79 K15. The amber lenses are supposed to have a white bulb (1157). I found the amber lens with a white bulb was brighter and more visible during daylight hours than the white lens/amber bulb. The other reason to switch is it will match the side marker lens.
You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Dark hair, blue eyes umm 5’ -5’5” um big block, Holley, bumper, window and cab thingys.....I find there are a few on here that need a dose of my charm....
Im not a holley man... lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels