Old truck Patina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I love the aged look (I see it every morning in the mirror....WTF?). I know a guy who takes old repainted classics and ADDS patina.....uses vinegar (and something else) to create light surface rusts. A couple he knows has a 54 Chevy truck he was aging for their wedding this Spring. Pretty slick.

Saw this and thought of you guys. lol

You must be registered for see images attach

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
This is a truck I purchased with the help of a board member and I just can't see painting it, maybe some airbrushing to make it more even or more consistent. I need to carefully remove the dents from behind the panel and get the original door mounding back on .
It tells a story.....
The one of how bad GM grey paint was in '87, LOL . Every car or truck from that vintage in grey was repainted.
I finally obtained title and was considering a personalized plate and found available, "PAHTINA", "PATINA2", or "NEDSPNT" .

I bought this truck with spots of primer all over it but had the original paint under it. I wet sanded it off and let it sit outside for another 2 years, it finally blended back in. The way it was parked for years I gather was the passenger side was towards the sun more due to how much more it's faded.

I never thought that truck would move again! Glad I could help!

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Mine I got from my dad when I retired from the Air Force in 95! It doesn't look like this anymore but I'm not finished with the restore.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
TPISly- C10, Nice C-10! Them wheels remind me of one of my older brother when I was a kid back in the early 70's. He had the Rocket Racing wheels. I would get home from elementary school and help him hand wash his '69 GTO while listening to CCR, Beatles, Stones... I was one happy kid after he gave me a $1.00 bill to buy treats just for rinsing the tires & rims.

He used to shine the tires with Coca-Cola when it had real sugar back then.

Brought back some good memories Brother

I like your C-10!

Be well and stay safe out there. Best wishes to you and all of your loved ones always!

Rob

El Paso

Attachments

• 5666815175_10c4aa2528_c.jpg
    5666815175_10c4aa2528_c.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member