Oil pan removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fjordlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
V8
Hello all,

I know this has been discussed but I haven't gotten a definitive answer on my year. I need to know if I need to raise the engine in order to remove the oil pan from my 1976 K10 Scottsdale. The drain plug hole stripped and the rear main seal leaks so I'd rather get in and replace the whole pan and take a crack at the rear main seal if I can.

CountKrunk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Count
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Custom Deluxe 3+3
Engine Size
v8 350
If you slide down underneath can you get access to all bolts on the pan? If so, i would think you could remove it

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Easy no interference, jack up at frame and let front axle drop for more room. Use 1 piece gasket if available with small dots of silicone at each seam, apply a small dab of silicone or anerobic gel on main parting lines and seal back and ends.

Fjordlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
V8
Easy no interference, jack up at frame and let front axle drop for more room. Use 1 piece gasket if available with small dots of silicone at each seam, apply a small dab of silicone or anerobic gel on main parting lines and seal back and ends.
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod