Oil pan leak rear of engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jfkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
:emotions122:
I have an 1977 K10 4X4 with an 2003 lm7 / 4l60e/NP241C ...I have a leak on the driver side oil pan the very last bolt ...The weird thing is it only leaks when I turn the truck off ..While its running no leak on the ground ..I changed the cam sensor thinking it was truly the culprit..SURPRISE!!! I was wrong :angry1: ...It doesn't leak anywhere else but from that very last bolt ...I have used mirrors ,dye and still cant locate the leak .. I was going to to drop the pan maybe put some silicone on the corner ...Honestly it could be coming from the barbell, rear cover or rear main seal when I changed all the gaskets i may have not aligned everything right .. I assume its coming from the top and running along the inside and dripping from that bolt for all I know .I can put my finger into the bottom of transmission cover and there is oil there as well ..I was hoping I could get some insight from some of you more experienced gentlemen...Thanks in advance ..

I do recall putting the black silicone on all four corners of the pan ..But then again i second guess myself If i used enough ...

Last edited:

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Are you sure you don't have a valve cover leak?

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mine had a horrendous leak at the oil pressure sending unit near the distributor when I got it. Ruined the clutch disc.

jfkelley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Mine had a horrendous leak at the oil pressure sending unit near the distributor when I got it. Ruined the clutch disc.
Replaced the oil Sending unit ..That’s when I noticed it only leaked after I shut the engine off

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad