FOUND - OE Hand Throttle - FOUND

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Looking for a factory handle throttle assembly from a 73-87 truck, these may be more common in diesel trucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
@Craig 85 Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if those use a mechanical bellcrank on the pedal like the one in my pic or do they use cable? I like the bellcrank just because I think it looks a lot cleaner than a cable to the carb.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
@Craig 85 Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if those use a mechanical bellcrank on the pedal like the one in my pic or do they use cable? I like the bellcrank just because I think it looks a lot cleaner than a cable to the carb.
I have no clue. I'm just one of those guys that has one of those pipe dreams of putting a C50/60 cab on a new chassis and cruise it.

Not sure if you are on Facebook, but there's a really good group on there (similar to this one) for C40-60 trucks. I'm sure someone there could help. I lot of them still use their trucks for work.

Chevy c40, c50,c60, c65 & c70, c75,C80 all GMC/Chevy medium duty 1920-1991

https://www.facebook.com/groups/358140744745029/

My pipe dream, just not so low.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Looking for a factory handle throttle assembly from a 73-87 truck, these may be more common in diesel trucks.

John, you are looking for a hen's tooth. Yes, some medium duty trucks had the very style you are looking for. It would be mounted low and to the right of the steering column above the foot throttle. The one in Craig's picture was not the same, it was the long type, to the engine.

Hard to see, but here is mine with another switch mounted next to it. Did you know, one year only, 1973 had a hand throttle with the bell crank, but it was longer. It mounted to a metal bracket behind the plastic dash where the left side AC duct would be.

Found just the replacement cable. You'll have to hunt the junk yards for the rest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283832407898?

You can still get the GM mounting nut and knob, also on ebay.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Yeah, I have seen how rare they are. I never gave much thought to getting one because I hate the typical cable going to the carb. The one in my pic belongs to a friend (bought off of eBay). I really like the bell crank on the pedal, so much cleaner and simple. In addition to its intended use it seems like a great high idle option for a chokeless carb I’m about to swap to.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Yes, it would work well for that. The cable has a spring loaded ball so it clicks as you pull it out. Then you can also spin the knob for fine adjustment.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Sill looking

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Still looking

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm curious if you have found one of these yet.

I had always found the Vander Haags website to be a pain to navigate, but I recently noticed that they have an option to see all parts from the same vehicle... I don't think they had that before. Some prices are completely outrageous, but some prices are very fair. I don't know who sets the pricing, but they must be drunk some days, lol.

Also, if the London OH location ever has one, I'd be happy to pick it up and ship it to you. Probably a lot cheaper that way.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I haven’t found one yet. I totally agree that VH’s site is painful to use, I’ll check out that option as I haven’t looked in a while.

I’m not looking at hard as I was, they seem to be really scarce. I mainly wanted one to use for a cold high idle on a chokeless Holley carb but that didn’t work out so I’m back to an electric choke qjet which eases the pressure, I just want one now for the novelty of it.

I have a friend that may be shifting from a K30 to a Land Cruiser project, if he does I’m going to try to buy his (mint!) but he it’ll take time (which is fine).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128