Odometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So, since the odometers in these truck (Mines a 83 k10), only goes up to 5 didigts, so what happens when they hit 100k?

Mine reads 73k, and i recently bought it, mileage on the title being about 150k.

The engine was rebuilt 2 years ago, and i bought it from the guy who bought it from the guy who rebuilt it. So, in 2 years you really can't get that much mileage on a truck, and if you did you probably could tell (Northeast U.S)
The guy wasn't certain on how many miles were on the rebuilt motor, could be anywhere from 10-30k. Either way, it doesn't bother me, i have the recites from when the rebuild happend, in 2012.

I'm just wondering - How does that 73k on the odometer come about? What have you done/know people have done with the odometers? Reset them, bought a new one, ect?

Thanks!

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
First guess tells me mileage on the title may not be 100% accurate. Betting its 173k in reality. I just put all new autometer gauges in my truck, took some doing but it was doable. It is illegal to reset the existing one. Only time you really have to worry about that is when selling or inspection if that is required in your state. I bought mine and the box for mileage inaccurate was checked in the title. So more or less whatever you do is probably gonna be fine.

Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alysco