Occasional fuel loss?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Do you already have one of the thick OEM carburetor gaskets? The stock gasket is flexible, and it should be close to about 3/8"-1/2" thick. It should provide quite a bit of insulation just by itself.

I've tried using a phenolic spacer (Mr. Gasket?) with my Quadrajet, but had problems getting it aligned so that the throttle plate did not bind on anything. There is a little play in the bolt holes, and with a spacer you have to get two gaskets, a spacer and the carburetor all properly aligned. I finally decided that I didn't really need the spacer.

Bruce

I do. This really feels like some kind of heat soak issue, but I don't know how to remedy that. All I know is that it doesn't happen when the ambient temperature is below 75*. It'll surge a little on acceleration when it's really really hot outside, and it'll do that hesitation on the first acceleration off the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL