Nv4500 to np208 linkage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhiggin

Reaction score
First Name
Julian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
so the I'm finally underway with my nv4500 swap in my 81 k20 ( actually the only thing 81 about it at this point is the cab and the title hahaha) anyway so I got a killer deal on a 92 tranny so I had to get it. Yea id rather have the closer ratio nv but I paid $180 for my tranny,bell housing, and slave cylinder and it's in great shape so I'm not complaining. Any way I'm going to be using an np208 out of an 86. I've found the answer to every little detail except one and that is the transfer linkage being in the way of the nv4500 shifter/boot. I know it will "work" with some minor adjustment,but this is a restoration project that I've gone all out on and I really don't want it looking like crap. There's gotta be a way to move the linkage somehow to be out of the way and still look semi stock. Can someone help me out with this? Maybe some suggestions on ways to rebuild linkage? Any suggestions are welcome.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Would the NP205 be a better fit? There are a number of different adapters for that setup, and much less linkage/shifter woes. Would the '86 hump have the right opening locations for the shifters or was it automatic?

Jhiggin

Reaction score
First Name
Julian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I'm really set on using an np208. But i have a hump out of an auto and one out of a 4 speed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB