NP208 Transfer Case Rebuild You Tube Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Part 1 Removal
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Part 2 Teardown

Part 3 Reassembly

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I watched all three of these videos. They were outstanding. I now feel I could actually attempt a 208 rebuild. I'm not saying I would be good at it....just willing to try it :)

Thanks for the videos!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I watched all three of these videos. They were outstanding. I now feel I could actually attempt a 208 rebuild. I'm not saying I would be good at it....just willing to try it :)

Thanks for the videos!
I bet you'd do just fine. Just take pics at different steps as you take it apart. This way when you're going back together if you get hung up, then you have your pics to look back on as how something was before you took it apart. I do that and it's rare I need to look back on the pics, but it's that one time when I'll get hung up with something like, did this go on first, or does this go this way or that way? Simply look back at my pics and answer my won question. I usually feel good enough to tear into something, but videos like this give the confidence I need to know I can handle it and to go for it.

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I bet you'd do just fine. Just take pics at different steps as you take it apart. This way when you're going back together if you get hung up, then you have your pics to look back on as how something was before you took it apart. I do that and it's rare I need to look back on the pics, but it's that one time when I'll get hung up with something like, did this go on first, or does this go this way or that way? Simply look back at my pics and answer my won question. I usually feel good enough to tear into something, but videos like this give the confidence I need to know I can handle it and to go for it.
I would attempt this, but what I worry about is my lack of knowledge about the parts and their status of wear and condition. I could miss something that is critical and think its normal because I've never seen it. BUT....Id still love to try.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
i
I would attempt this, but what I worry about is my lack of knowledge about the parts and their status of wear and condition. I could miss something that is critical and think its normal because I've never seen it. BUT....Id still love to try.
In most cases, the worn parts are obvious. Mainly things like bearings and thrust washers is what you'd want to check for wear. End play measurements will usually confirm you have things correct. I think the biggest thing to worry about in a Tcase, is measuring the chain in the case. If it's still good, it's good. If it's not or marginal replace it. Once that chain gets to loose from stretching, it starts slapping the interior of case til it wears a hole in the case, then it's junk and not even rebuildable. The chain is the most expensive part of the rebuild.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84