No spark!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I initially did not have that ground wire in it because there wasn't one in the old cap. I have since replaced it to ensure that that wasn't the problem but no change.

The electronic spark control box you speak of...Would that be the ignition control module? I did change that and it is an Accel Hi-Po as that is all they had at the time. It was $49 (twice as much as the standard) but I had $40 credit so I went with it. If there is something different, where is it because I can't find anything different.

Autozone...yea those guys are tards. I usually look the part up myself and tell them to pull a part number. much easier than suffering through them trying to find something they can't even spell. I started this when i went in asking about Points and Condensor for my 67 Fairlane (i know..."FORD") and the guy first didn't guy first didn't know what those were. then he asked what a "Fairlane" was...GEEZ! Anyway, I am seriously going to be be looking into other sources for parts.

So, i guess i am going to get a timing light and see how far off I am. I'll get my daughter to help crank.

Thanks again

Its been a few years since I messed around with it but I seem to recall the unit being called electronic spark control. One way to know for sure if your truck has it is 4 wires coming out of the back and plugging into the fire wall. Its a flat wide connector with 4 terminals.

Dont sweat the Fords man, I have a 07 Mustang and a 64 Galaxy 500 in the driveway right now.

Jake292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
350 efi, 700r4
The timing chain can be replaced with the motor in the truck but not very common for a SBC to jump a tooth on the timing chain.

my truck skipped multiple teeth, the gear on the cam was 90* off from where it should have been. The way that I checked it was bumped the motor over to TDC then looked at the position of the rotor and it was off from where #1 wire came from(or 180 out)

I’ve never had a problem with AutoZone, that’s where I always get my parts if I don’t have time to get them from rockauto.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Sorry to hear about your guys bad experiences at AutoZone. But the guys at my store are into cars and have a decent idea about whats what. Granted theres some stuff they aren't sure about, but we all can mess up at times.
Guess its just a Postive thing living in a town of 12k.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MIDWESTCUSTOMS