NO fuel!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
i broke my wifes $ 350 canon camera yesterday while trying to take pics to post i cant seem to figure out what format this site will accept for pics it doesnt tell me and i tried emailing myself pics and posting them and i couldnt do it

Use this for posting pics, it's free and very easy:

http://www.postimage.org/

And you can buy digital cameras used on CL for 20-30 bucks.

MR.BLACKC10

Reaction score
First Name
GABE
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ok thanks guys

Thanx for the tip guys i took carb top off days ago when suspected it being dirty and yes i tested the fuel pump by running main feed into red gas tank and return into clear bottle and truck started thats when i figured out that it had to be gas lines or sending unit i checked my lines they were bad i got new ones on nowi primed carb with gas but it wont start so i unplugged that vented line and hooked everything back the right way except for vent actually going to air system since im not running that anymore so the vent line is just vented to atmosphere in back of truck so since the only left to replace would be the sending unit can i go with a 2 outlet unit instead of a 3 outlet and if i have to run a vented gas cap?

Last edited:

MR.BLACKC10

Reaction score
First Name
GABE
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
C'mon with it!

ALIRGHT i lifted up box and used 2x4's to hold up on one side and out my way since i dont have the man power to take the whole thing off unscrewed this damn sending unit to find it was missing the little filter at the bottom i looked in tank with my flashlight and i could find the damn thing i even stuck my arm in the whole and tried to see if i could reach it but its not even in the tank i took the main filler neck off and the litlle piece that slides back n forth the metal round piece that moves when u stick something in gas neck fell out lol what jynx so on to new sending unit if i cant get this truck running im pulling out the old monte carlo that i been neglecting p.s. can i run a 2 port unit instead?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
ALIRGHT i lifted up box and used 2x4's to hold up on one side and out my way since i dont have the man power to take the whole thing off unscrewed this damn sending unit to find it was missing the little filter at the bottom i looked in tank with my flashlight and i could find the damn thing i even stuck my arm in the whole and tried to see if i could reach it but its not even in the tank i took the main filler neck off and the litlle piece that slides back n forth the metal round piece that moves when u stick something in gas neck fell out lol what jynx so on to new sending unit if i cant get this truck running im pulling out the old monte carlo that i been neglecting p.s. can i run a 2 port unit instead?

Damn your posts are hard to read without getting pissed!
No, you need the 3 port sender. for that vent tube, hook it back up, you should not let it vent to the atmosphere.
Look at the line that the sock came off of, are there any holes in it?
yourntruck my have ran before, because the fuel level was high enough to prevent sucking air, which i am thinking its doing now, if there is a hole in it.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Yeah put a random period or comma in that mess now and then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88SQDRW