No electrical power all of sudden while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arroyo083

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Camper Special
Engine Size
So I pull out of a parking lot and give it some gas because it was an unprotected left hand turn and traffic was coming. My truck died, no lights, no power, nothing. Luckily I coasted to the nearest parking lot. I checked terminal wires, there’s spark at my starter… I tried jumping it, in case it was alternator but nothing. The positive at the alternator looked to be a little severed but not a deep cut. It was touching part of the alternator bracket. I separated the wire from the bracket, but nothing. I’m reading here and other places that it could be my fusible wire? It doesn’t look toasty but I see it can not look burnt and still be burnt. When I turn my key I have absolutely nothing, no lights on dash, no head lights nothing, as if there’s no battery in it. Could this be the fusible wire?

The battery is about a month old. Truck has started perfectly since I’ve had it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rickf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
1974, 1954 & a 1937
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My vote is for a fusible link. Repair or replace the alternator wire first.

Lift3d1

Reaction score
First Name
erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
I'm having the same issue! never had a problem and then out of nowhere its dead! what did you do to repair it?? do you think cold temps had anything to do with it?

thank you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag