Nice Site!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys...
I've been a member on other forums over the last few years...GMFS...SilveradoSS.com...etc....I used to own a 2003 SilveradoSS, but had to sell it a while back due to the economy......:banghead:...figured having a house was more important at this time in my life......

Recently picked up an '87 GMC SB for a pretty decent price....The truck has a super straight/99.9% rust-free body with a few mods...mild 350 with 700r4...shift kit/mild stall...steel cowl induction hood/rollpan...phantom grille...lowered 2-3'' (I'm guessing)....etc. etc. Just put on a set of 15x7/15x8 rally wheels that I bought at the swap meet...(Didn't really care for the looks of the current wheels).....Planning on giving the truck some more drop, and focusing on getting the interior finished up. I've seen some pretty nice squares on here, and have alot of ideas I want to incorporate into my build....just hope the wallet can keep up..:)

I'll try and get some pics up this weekend.....need new batteries for the camera, and I'm hoping the weather will stay nice for a while longer.....

Talk to ya later----------------Ed

Attachments

• newtoy 005.jpg
    newtoy 005.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 121
  • newtoy 003.jpg
    newtoy 003.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Hello and WELCOME. I too lost my late model fuel injected truck and had to get a pre 90's pickup due to economy also but its honestly a blessing in disguise. These trucks kick alot of ass.

Now start posting your ass off.

Your truck looks awesome, The engine bay is especially clean.

Last edited:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Welcome to the site and cool truck man!! Did you say that you didn't like those wheels in your pic? What don't you like about them? I'm a huge fan of rally's as well but I also like but I also like those wheels you got on there now (they are torq thrusts, right?)

Anyway, post away and show us lots of pics of the truck dude! :) This is still a young site but we've got quite a few knowledgeable folks on here already and we all love the square bodies!

Jaymez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Welcome! Where the hell are you from?

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome to the site and cool truck man!! Did you say that you didn't like those wheels in your pic? What don't you like about them? I'm a huge fan of rally's as well but I also like but I also like those wheels you got on there now (they are torq thrusts, right?)

Anyway, post away and show us lots of pics of the truck dude! :) This is still a young site but we've got quite a few knowledgeable folks on here already and we all love the square bodies!

Thanks for all the replies..:)...Those wheels were 15x8 Halibrands that looked good, but didn't really fit the look I was going for....They had 275/60/15's all the way around, and I wanted to go a different direction with this truck...I bought a set of 15x7 and 15x8 rally wheels, putting 275/60/15 on back with 235/70/15 up front....also ran a spacer on the back wheels to help make the front track width not so noticeable....

That brings me to a question....Why did GM put a wider track width up front? I'm sure they had some reason for designing these trucks that way...

Anyways, thanks again for the welcomes....I live in Hutchinson KS so if anybody is remotely near, give me a shout and maybe we can plan some get-togethers next year... I'll take some pics this weekend and get them posted up.....-----------------Ed

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I don't know the answer to your question so I'll let someone else answer that, but....

Hutch isn't TOO far from me in the KC area. I think we're about 3 hours north of you. I've been there a few times and actually bought the bed that is on my truck in Newton, Ks which is not too far from you I think. I know that there are several folks on here from Oklahoma and Texas. I think I've even seen someone from Wichita on here so sometime we'll have to get a get together somewhere in the middle there! I'd have to bring the family along because my two little boys would get a thrill out of seeing all the trucks! :D

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Great looking truck man!

Welcome to the site

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Welcome.........Good looking truck. Got to love the Phantom grill, I think it cleans up the front of a square body just right. I was told years ago the front end being wider was for stability control, it doesn't let the truck dip as hard in a curve, and take the steering from you. If that's true or not, I don't know.:wave:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I was told years ago the front end being wider was for stability control, it doesn't let the truck dip as hard in a curve, and take the steering from you. If that's true or not, I don't know.:wave:

Gotcha...that would make sense. Thanks for the input.....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod