Newbie Needs Help With The Lowerd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 Silverado

Reaction score
First Name
Tod
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado 1500
Engine Size
Hey Gents,
New to the forum and Chevy Trucks. I have a 84 Silverado that is all stock so its way to high. It's rockin the 15x8 rallies which I will be keeping.
Here's the ask:
I'd like to lower it enough to look good but also be able to bring home a few slices of plywood from Home Depot when needed. I'm thinking a 3/4 drop, 3"spindles, drop shocks and 4" shackles along with some Bilstein shocks. This set up is just what stood out to me as I researched this for a month or so--so this set up may be a really bad idea, I'm just looking to you guys to let me know what I really need.

Please let me know what would be reasonable for this light-duty parts hauler, washing machine hauler, small loads of lumber hauler, and assorted parts hauler for my 68' Chevelle.
Thanks in advance boys!

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome from Ohio. Well if you are asking, I would never lower a truck. Let it be.....

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish

Grumpy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Mine is 3 / 4 using spindle and shackles. I have the 15x8 Rallyes, and they BARELY clear - picture stick-on wheel weights, not the hammer-on kind. The drop is the maximum you can get without altering the front springs and also not having to worry about messing up the underside should you drive over a discarded pack of smokes. You can retain all the stock steering geometry and parts, while changing to aftermarket rear shocks.
While it may be pricey, I suggest if you have any appreciable mileage on the truck, to replace all wheel bearings & seals, suspension bushings, ball-joints and steering linkage.
There are many different personalities and tastes here on this blog. While I don't personally like what everyone has done to their vehicles, I can easily appreciate the time, effort (and hard-earned money) we all vest in our projects. Pay attention to details some have on their projects, you may not need an idea today, however it is a sound mental investment. You can review engines, colours and wheels as cheap as anything - some stuff may unexpectedly catch your eye!

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
It's rockin the 15x8 rallies which I will be keeping.
I don’t know anything about lowered suspension on these trucks but commend you for keeping the rally wheels, good call.

Good luck with your project

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Just depends on how far you wanna go/what your budget is/how much work you wanna put into it. Any lowered truck can still do lots of work when properly equipped. My truck is ~5.5"/8" with helper bags in the rear. 2.5" spindles, cut stock springs, flip kit and 2" shackle in the rear. I've had it loaded with several hundred pounds of stuff with no issues thanks to the helper bags now
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg